Sign in to follow this  
toriu

Help Required Re Activation Problem

I am posting this message here as I am a DX10 convert. Any help will be appreciated.
After adjustments to my Radeon HD 5850 GPU in Catalyst Control Center/ AMD Overdrive, I am receiving the attached messages.
They pop up after about half hour after starting FSX/Acceleration. I really want to avoid a reinstall as it was running beautifully and I have a zillion addons.
It was activated and has been in constant use for a few months since the last reinstall. The problem now is it doesn't give me the option to activate.
I have the original DVD's and product key's on hand.
The main problem seems to be the ERROR CODE: 4-8007054f message.

Windows 7 HP 64 bit

First message.

"Thank you for trying Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The trial time limit has expired. Please activate Flight Simulator to continue playing,"

The second message which comes up a split second after.

"We're sorry, an unexpected error occurred which is preventing product activation from being completed.

ERROR CODE: 4-8007054f"

Regards Ray

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Here's one, Ray:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960481

It seems there are lots of web hits, so you'll need to plow through them. _ I haven't seen this one, and can't help from that respect. The other thing i might do is run "SFC /SCANNOW" from the start/search menu to verify the system files.

Back later, gotta go: wife comes first! 

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I am posting this message here as I am a DX10 convert. Any help will be appreciated.

After adjustments to my Radeon HD 5850 GPU in Catalyst Control Center/ AMD Overdrive, I am receiving the attached messages.

They pop up after about half hour after starting FSX/Acceleration. I really want to avoid a reinstall as it was running beautifully and I have a zillion addons.

It was activated and has been in constant use for a few months since the last reinstall. The problem now is it doesn't give me the option to activate.

I have the original DVD's and product key's on hand.

The main problem seems to be the ERROR CODE: 4-8007054f message.

Windows 7 HP 64 bit

First message.

"Thank you for trying Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The trial time limit has expired. Please activate Flight Simulator to continue playing,"

The second message which comes up a split second after.

"We're sorry, an unexpected error occurred which is preventing product activation from being completed.

ERROR CODE: 4-8007054f"

Regards Ray

Good morning toriu,

I have had the same issue some time ago and when MS was still supporting fsx they had a file on their website that fixed the activation problem. If you are still in need of fixing the activation issue, let me know and I can get the fixer for you as I have downloaded it and saved the file. 

Regards ,

lh

lh , that would be great! Can you attach it to a post here, or do you need my email?

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Mavrick11, further to my post above. Thank you, I will postpone the reinstall and eagerly await your reply. :rolleyes:

Regards Ray

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Posted my last post same time as you posted the fixer. Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. Downloaded and installed MicrosoftFixit50176 fsx.msi, rebooted, ran FSX, message one came up after half hour, clicked OK on that, then the ERROR CODE: 4-8007054f comes up again. When you had the problem did you also have the ERROR CODE: 4-8007054f message? 

post-151302-0-95681400-1386714215.png

post-151302-0-37997800-1386714266.png

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

I think I responded to your same post up in the FSX Forum. You need to follow the guidance at this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925723. As stated in the link, an anti-virus program probably has screwed up your installation or won't allow you to go through your firewall to get to the activation site. This is why you should always shut down anti-virus programs. If none of these suggestions work, then you will have to totally wipe out your HDD, reformat, reinstall Windows, and then reinstall FSX (making sure the anti-virus program is not running and you run as an Administrator).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Posted my last post same time as you posted the fixer. Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. Downloaded and installed MicrosoftFixit50176 fsx.msi, rebooted, ran FSX, message one came up after half hour, clicked OK on that, then the ERROR CODE: 4-8007054f comes up again. When you had the problem did you also have the ERROR CODE: 4-8007054f message? 

Good morning Toriu,

I understood part of your problem was activating your Acceleration in FSX. The file I gave you was set up only for that purpose as quite a while back I had the same problem and MS was still supporting FSX. Other than that, the file is all I can help you with as it is beyond my scope.

lh 

Well after all that I didn't need to do a reinstall. I had noticed that the FSX icon on the desk-top had changed from the normal blue one with the white aircraft, to a different icon with a gold X. This coincided  with FSX going into trial mode. I hadn't given this much thought and luckily went on a search and found a blue icon, put it on the desk top and now every thing is as good as new.  :rolleyes:

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg