Sign in to follow this  
paula

mesh hd 2 question

I followed the instruction how to install with extra folder zzz.. and earth as subfolder within custom scenery.

I downloaded the files in my download section outside x-plane.

What is the next step? is that unzip in the download section and move or copy the folder to x-plane custom scenery then the folder zzz... and eart nav data ?

I followed the instruction how to install with extra folder zzz.. and earth as subfolder within custom scenery.

I downloaded the files in my download section outside x-plane.

What is the next step? is that unzip in the download section and move or copy the folder to x-plane custom scenery then the folder zzz... and eart nav data ?

Hi Paul -

You've got it.  You need to unzip all the downloads and then you will need to transfer the extracted files manually over to the folder and subfolder you created in custom scenery.  Do not forget to edit your scenery file so it shows at the bottom of the list (in the instructions for the download).

It was a bit confusing for me but it is definitely worth it.  One of the most important upgrades you can do! 

thanks a last few questions

I assume that number 2 is all and that I dont need to do the former number1first.

are number 1 the same files as 2 or where there more files in number 1 to cover the world.

If there will be another upgrade within x-plane like beta 10-25.4 do I have to do this all again?

HD Mesh Scenery v2 is a complete replacement of v1. So, you do NOT need anything from the old files.

And the X-plane updater is not touching anything you do in "Custom Scenery" folder ... thus the HD Mesh Scenery v2 will stay nicely installed.

On a related note, do you need to have the original global scenery installed for any area covered by the HD V2 mesh?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

No, you don't need! The general rule for mesh is: there can only be ONE active at the same time (more than one mesh in the same place just makes no sense!). Thus, you only need one of the (otherwise their load priority will decide which one you see!).

And technically (from its content), HD Mesh Scenery v2 can (and does) replace everything that you would get with the Global Scenery too (and improves the quality etc.).

And technically (from its content), HD Mesh Scenery v2 can (and does) replace everything that you would get with the Global Scenery too (and improves the quality etc.).

To do this, would you recommend that Global Scenery be shifted  to after the HD Mesh ???

Trevor Golding

Uhm ... Global Scenery should have the lowest priority always and anyways (no need to have it high up, as it would make everything below it "invisible" to you).

And if everything was intalled correctly, you should - later on in the Log.txt - see some entries where a few DSF files are loaded from you zzz_ (or what ever you called the HD Mesh Scenery v2) folder. If this is the case, then you installed correctly.

Finally, if you want to see how default compares to HD Mesh Scenery v2, then look in this Picasa Album:

https://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10HDMeshSceneryV2DefaultAndHDComparisons

PS: and guys, don't forget the "donationware" characteristic of this product wink.png !

I have installed the mesh into the zzz and the sub folder earth etc and unzipped.

If I look to the scenery_pack then I dont see nothing from the zzz file.

is that correct or do I have to do something more?

Did you put it in the Custom Scenery folder (I mean, the zzz_ folder)? Then, if you did it correctly. it should appear - automatically - on the top of the scenery_packs.ini list (when you first start XP10). After that you can - and should !! - move it down close to the bottom (or to the bottom).

yes thats right I see it now at the top and put it all the way down.

last few questions:

1-do I put it before or below the demo scenery of seatlle area?

2-will mesh hd 2 overlay the scenery even it is below

3-is it better to take away the demo area

1-do I put it before or below the demo scenery of seatlle area?

Below

to Questiuon 2 and 3: The demo area is an airport scenery and a few buildings, nothing else so it should be handled as every other airport: The y have to be positioned above all photo sceneries and meshes (most photosceneries bring their own mesh).

Not exactly, the KSEA demo has two parts! The "KSEA Demo Terrain" should go below the HD mesh Scenery v2, or you will see still default mesh in that area. Whereas the "KSEA Demo Area" needs to go above it (as it contains the airport scenery).

thanks to you all , I am pleased to notice that this forum is much more pleasant for new bees in the x-plane world then the official one.

thanks to you all , I am pleased to notice that this forum is much more pleasant for new bees in the x-plane world then the official one.

There is _no_ official X-Plane forum; x-plane.org is _not_ the official forum. :smile: See this thread for more info:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/428118-x-planeorg/

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]