Sign in to follow this  
SolRayz

Live View Control Shortcuts

I'm looking to get back into OPUS for P3Dv2, and as an avid user of EZDOK for FSX there are some specific shortcut assignments I want to replicate in OPUS. The manual is unclear whether this is possible.

Firstly:

Is it possible to assign the middle mouse scroll button, when depressed, allows you to move the mouse and reposition your viewpoint left, right, up, down? This would work in VC and in outside views.  

Second:

Assign the forward, back, left, right arrow keyboard keys to move your physical position in those respective directions. I also use PageUp to move my position up and PageDn to move my postion down. This would also work in VC and outside views.

Thank you!

edit: I just found out that arrow keys and pgup pgdn are a no go. My first question still stands.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Those key assignments are usually assigned to standard FSX functions which we don't ask you to reassign.

At present you can pan around using either Live Camera Control (using a game controller, or the arrow keys on the LCC dialog, or assigned shortcut keys), the standard hat switch, FSX Mouse Look or TrackIR.

FSX uses the hat switch as standard for panning views around, this panning is fully compatible with our camera control and effects. If you have disabled your controllers in FSX and are using FSUIPC then you can enable mouse wheel button panning and that also re-enables the hat switch on the joystick.

FSX Mouse Look conflicts with TrackIR so you need to disable TrackIR (F9) prior to using Mouse Look. To use Mouse Look try the following methods including the one you mentioned;

• press the space bar whilst holding down the left mouse button
• hold down the middle wheel button whilst moving the mouse around
• press shift-O then move whilst holding down the left mouse button, press shift-O again to exit mouse look
• program the wheel button to shift-O in your mouse driver.

Hope you enjoy the volumetric fog effects in P3D, remember to enable the OpusFSX volumetric fog option too.

Cheryl

As Cheryl said, after you remove EZCA you can go back to using the standard Mouse Look functions.

If you wish to have more control over the eye point then our method and advice is to use LCC, Live Camera Control. You can assign key sequences (those allowed by the sim) or joystick buttons to LCC functions, you can use the LCC dialog with its arrow keys and buttons, or better still install a 6 axes GamePad controller and use that.

Cheryl has already provided a link to the LCC manual.

Stephen :-)

I am not at my computer right now, I am just schemeing now so I don't waste a lot of time later tonight, when I have a minute to myself.

Ok you gave me an idea about reassinging Shift-O in the mouse driver. That might actually work.

As far as the arrow keys, if I delete the default key assignments, I should then able to assign those within Opus to move my position about the cabin, correct? I know in EZDOK those particular default key assignments must be deleted within FSX for EZDOK to work right.  Will that cause any issues with Opus itself?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

For Shortcut Controls we don't have access to the Insert, Delete, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, Left, Right, Up, and Down keys.

The numeric pad keys 0 to 9 can be used but they must be assigned with the Num Lock ON (for recognition), and used with the Num Lock OFF within FSX/P3D. This is a quirk of the simulator and not the OpusFSX software.

Alternatively you can use our arrow keys in the LCC dialog to move around.

The gamepad interface is good if you have one available.

Cheryl

If you have disabled your controllers in FSX and are using FSUIPC...

Hi Cheryl;

let me ask you something: you are referring to the registered version of FSUIPC, right? 

With the registered version, could I put the different cameras on the hat switch button of my joystick?

I'm asking you this because I use EZCA for years, and last night I decided to use the OPUS cameras. I found it much much better than EZCA, but I could not use the hat switch as I did in EZCA, unfortunately.

I know I can reprogram other buttons, etc etc, but there will be missing buttons on my joystick. :smile: 

I used to use "up" - default view, "down" - panel view, and left and right for small head movements. There are now four buttons I save, for those who have to control flaps, fs2crew, landing gear and autopilot and autothrottle, all in Joystick. 

Furthermore I consider to be an instinctive movement between hat switch and the real movement of the head.

Last night I did a search here in the forum about it, but as English is not my first language, I was afraid that I have misunderstood something.

Again, I leave here my admiration for the work you have been doing. In my opinion, the best program of weather that exists. And I'm starting to think the same goes for the cameras.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

We do not interface directly to the keyboard or joysticks but rely on events received through SimConnect. Hence, you don't need to reassign standard FSX controls. We do read any axes controls and POVs on the LCC GamePad Controller but that is something different.

As far as the hat switch is concerned, I believe in FSUIPC4 you can assign commands to the hat switch directions, I personally have not done it but I believe a few people have. Usually those who have got used to the hat switch being used in this fashion.

Stephen

Here's an extract of a post by Richard on Avsim

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/396101-mapping-opus-cams-to-saitek-hat-switch/

I've mapped my Saitek hat switch to views in Opus via FSUIPC. Inside FSX, bring up FSUIPC and click on the buttons/joystick tab. move the hat switch to one position and release. You should see a joystick name and switch number in the center boxes. If not, click on clear or reset (don't have it right in front of me), then again. When the hat switch is seen by FSUIPC, assign a key stroke of your choice (I use crtl-shift-0, ctrl-shift 1, etc) to the hat switch and FSUIPC will send this to FSX each time. You don't want repeat or release set. Same with the other positions. THen use those in OPUS to associate a view with a key stroke.

In FSX, be sure under settings>controls that the Saitek hat switches are not assigned to anything. You don't want any conflicts with what FSUIPC will send to FSX.

Hope that helps.

Stephen

Thanks for your comments Cristiano, yes I was referring to the registered version of FSUIPC.

The Hat switch is not a button and cannot be assigned in the usual manner since FSX uses it for panning.

Cheryl