Sign in to follow this  
Chocorua

POSKY T7's

So, I have had no luck getting any Posky 777'-2/300's to show nicely in P3Dv2. The VC glass is totally glazed over. The rest of the views are fine; 2D panel, external textures. Is anyone using these successfully? I do have that freeware 777-9X that was recently released working well, btw.

Thanks,

Greg 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Not tried it in P3D2 but I had the same problem with the POSky T7 in FSX when using DX10 (which was all the time for me). After a lot of searching I found that - sorry if I can't remember the exact details - you needed to do something like hand edit the VC texture file, adding an alpha channel and masking the windows with the alpha channel. I then had windows that I could see through.

I guess I figured something like that. I have not a clue how to edit VC textures, but maybe I will learn. Thanks for your input Turbo.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I used Imagetool to alter it. It comes with the Boxed FS9 and FSX discs. You have to install the SDK files to find it. Alternatively you can google. Its a pretty small exe file (160K). If memory serves me right, once you have it, open up Posky's file OS777_VC_10_t.bmp and inverse the Alpha Channel background color and resave the file. If I recall FS9 uses black as "transparent" while FSX uses white as transparent and treats black as non-transparent. Hope it helps.

BTW can you verify if you are able to use the Posky's T7 VC in P3DV2? Meaning the VC buttons are clickable even though all textures load? Just wondering how backward compatible is P3DV2 to say FS9 airplanes. I still use FS9 for heavies so a little weary to migrate to P3DV2 unless I know some of my ol' fav airplanes (eg Posky, SMS/Overland, etc) will work.

Thanks

Ok, I think I have that tool. I'll play around with it, but, good thing I checked; click spots are not functional. Also threw over the SMS MD-11 and that also was not clickable. The 2D panel in the Poskys are fine, but I prefer the VC.

Thanks for your help.   

So FYI, inverting the alpha channel with Image Tool cleared the glass...but leaves behind the rest of the issues, like bright white light pouring through where the glass gauges go, nothing clickable. 

Cheers,

The white light on the gauges has the same problem and file name is $vc_03. Might as well check all the texture files including ones that show the radio stack. However the biggest show stopper (at least to me) is nothing's clickable in VC mode. If both SMS and posky don't work, I suspect P3DV2 is not totally compatible with (some) FS9 models.

I found this freeware package in Simviation ->  http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=thomas+ruth&categoryId=

The file name is     Boeing 777-9 Multi Livery Package (v2)       and although it is not your typical 777-200 or -300 series this package might be worth testing in P3D because it uses Thomas Ruth's VC which is a native FSX VC model. I don't seem to recall that TR made any 777 VC models so it could be a A310 variant made to look like a 777. If it works in P3D and it satisfies the 777 VC look and feel, you may try to liaise TR's VC model to Skyspirit's 777-200 model found here -> http://ssp.cyber-ninja.jp/SSP2012-777V2Update.html.

For what it is worth, the default carenado bonanza in P3D2 has no clickable knobs/switches in the Vc....only clicks in the 2d. I think i read somewhere this is a bug to be fixed in the future updates..... let's hope so.

For what it is worth, the default carenado bonanza in P3D2 has no clickable knobs/switches in the Vc....only clicks in the 2d. I think i read somewhere this is a bug to be fixed in the future updates..... let's hope so.

Actually the Bonanza VC works great. No probs with click spots at all over here.

The white light on the gauges has the same problem and file name is $vc_03. Might as well check all the texture files including ones that show the radio stack. However the biggest show stopper (at least to me) is nothing's clickable in VC mode. If both SMS and posky don't work, I suspect P3DV2 is not totally compatible with (some) FS9 models.

I found this freeware package in Simviation ->  http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=thomas+ruth&categoryId=

The file name is     Boeing 777-9 Multi Livery Package (v2)       and although it is not your typical 777-200 or -300 series this package might be worth testing in P3D because it uses Thomas Ruth's VC which is a native FSX VC model. I don't seem to recall that TR made any 777 VC models so it could be a A310 variant made to look like a 777. If it works in P3D and it satisfies the 777 VC look and feel, you may try to liaise TR's VC model to Skyspirit's 777-200 model found here -> http://ssp.cyber-ninja.jp/SSP2012-777V2Update.html.

Well I'm back at it after a busy week. I had some success with alpha channel inverts, but only for day flying. Night brings back the white gauges...(or maybe they were there all along only at night). OK, onward: I was able to use the TR A300 VC with success, not a true T7 for sure, but actually quite nice. I am right now test flying the 777-200 American (old livery) in P3Dv2 and ISG 777 PFD gauges. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Glad to hear the ol' classic soaring the P3D skies. Thanks as well for taking the time to test and report your experience.