Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

reinstall on new computer

I have RC4 on disk.Want to install on new computer with Win7.It asks if I want to install full version FS2004,FSUIPC etc.I have latest version FSUIPC etc.What do I install or do I need updates etc?I have been flying GA planes  recently so have not used RC for quite awhile,therefore have not kept up with new versions.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

What version of RCv4 do you have on CD?

4.3845 was the last build released. It is also available via  download link.

It will install in one or both of two folders depending on your FS versions you check, rcv4 for FS2004 and/or rcv4x for FSX which can also be used with P3D1 or P3D2.

For a Win 7 install log in to Win 7 with a user account with admin privileges. Right click on the .exe of the installer and select Run As Admin as well. I highly recommend you do not install it in any Program Files folder or sub-folder. If it offers a custom install since you have the last FSUIPC for your FS version (at http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/%C2'>

(and then rerun the scenery rebuild). For Win 7 be sure to setup a shortcut to rcv4.exe (for each RC folder created), right click on it, click properties (ignore the run as admin here), then click Advanced and click this second run as admin choice in this dialog. The click Ok, the Apply, then OK.

Win 7 does not have all of the run-time libraries for .dlls and .ocx files. Please see the pinned 713 topic about procedures to use to obtain and install them into Win 7 (and later).

If your user data has not changed since you purchased RCv4 and you have only obtained just a couple of keys so far, you can choose to automate your new key request by having RC create your registration request e-mail. You will need a new key since you are on a new system. Be sure your product code sent out contains an "-" if present in the dialog box. When you get a key, copy it from the e-mail and paste it into your RCv4 registration dialog but insure there are no leading or trailing spaces (the cursor should rest before the first key character and immediately after the last key character as you use your arrow keys to position it or the home and end keys) as Win is likely to add those extra spaces on a copy/paste function. Be sure jdtllc.com is allowed through your PC and ISP spam filters.

You will need to run the scenery rebuild for each FS version within each rc folder created for each FS version using the correct fs version path for each. Same for all of the other path versions.

Thanks for the quick reply.This is a lot to digestI don;t know what version I have.I will follow your  instructions and see what happens.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

If the CD has an RCv4.exe in it or extracted from a zip, right click on it, select properties, then the version tab, then File Version and see what it gives you. Disregard the first version showing in main properties window. There is also a .bin which disappears after install. See if there is a version for that. My build install which was an update was in Feb 2007. If you purchased the CD within the last four years you should be close I would think.

The version depends on the time of your CD creation in inventory when you purchased it.

Alternatively you can send an e-mail to jd XX jdtllc.com subject RC43 download link. Include your user name and e-mail used for the CD puchase and date. If a record is found he will update your e-mail and user information (current user name) and send you the link to download it. Backup the downloaded file to CD or DVD.

I see part of my post was lost. Get the latest makerwys from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and the latest FSUIPC from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

and install those. Be sure to rerun the scenery rebuild again after updating makerwys.