Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

RA Turbine Duke install

Can anyone share how they got the RAT Duke to install? Did you use the Estonia Migrator? It was one of my favourite aircraft and am keen to get it working in P3D. To date I have only used default aircraft while testing.

In installed the RealAir Legacy by 1. placing a fake FSX.exe in the Prepar3D folder and 2. using the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) to fool the computer into thinking FSX is installed in the P3D folder. Worked like a charm and should work for the Duke too. Afaik some sounds don't work though.

In installed the RealAir Legacy by 1. placing a fake FSX.exe in the Prepar3D folder and 2. using the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) to fool the computer into thinking FSX is installed in the P3D folder. Worked like a charm and should work for the Duke too. Afaik some sounds don't work though.

Thanks Jeroen

I just pointed the installer to my Prepare3D v2 folder and it worked. No utilities needed on my end.

The only major issue I am having is intermittent bouncing during taxi and takeoff. Once airborne, it is smooth. Anyone else experiencing this?

Todd

Second to the jerky water issue, the bouncing issue is my 2nd most annoying anomaly. Thanks for your update. I'll see how it goes this dvening

Can anyone share how they got the RAT Duke to install? Did you use the Estonia Migrator? It was one of my favourite aircraft and am keen to get it working in P3D. To date I have only used default aircraft while testing.

Estonia for V2 worked fine.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

The only bouncing I get is upon initial loading it bounces once & then all is well during taxi & take off. I used the Estonia migration  tool for install,There are some cockpit sound losses but not too bad.

Ron

The only bouncing I get is upon initial loading it bounces once & then all is well during taxi & take off. I used the Estonia migration tool for install,There are some cockpit sound losses but not too bad.

Ron

I installed it tonight. Seems okay, but the internal engine sounds are awful. That definitely needs fixing. I hope RA will look into updates at some point

Yeah, come to think of it the engine sounds seem really harsh(obnoxious) B). So I just kind of turn the vol down & enjoy the flight

Ron

I installed it tonight. Seems okay, but the internal engine sounds are awful. That definitely needs fixing. I hope RA will look into updates at some point

The T Duke is NOT designed for P3d. So there is nothing to "fix". Our priority is to upgrade the T Duke for FSX as the vast majority of our customers use that platform. Any user port to P3d is entirely at users' own risk and it is not fair on us to expect "fixes" when the aircraft was never made for P3d. We are perfectly aware of developments and teething problems with P3d and we are being patient and waiting to see how that platform improves on its current state. Meantime please do not assume we are obliged to support or troubleshoot for P3d customers.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

The T Duke is NOT designed for P3d. So there is nothing to "fix". Our priority is to upgrade the T Duke for FSX as the vast majority of our customers use that platform. Any user port to P3d is entirely at users' own risk and it is not fair on us to expect "fixes" when the aircraft was never made for P3d. We are perfectly aware of developments and teething problems with P3d and we are being patient and waiting to see how that platform improves on its current state. Meantime please do not assume we are obliged to support or troubleshoot for P3d customers.

Hi Rob

I should have chosen my words more carefully. You are of course right, there is nothing to fix. It's solid as an FSX model - one of the best. I hope you guys do consider the P3D ultimately. I think a might have to reconsider my stance and reinstall FSX so I can go back to the RealAir stable every so often.

I don't interpret anything said as "RA must immediately fix the issues with their planes in P3D."  We just really appreciate the quality of your products and hope you start supporting them in P3Dv2 at some point. 

Live in the future, not the past.  :P

I don't interpret anything said as "RA must immediately fix the issues with their planes in P3D." We just really appreciate the quality of your products and hope you start supporting them in P3Dv2 at some point.

Live in the future, not the past. :P

Yup

I don't interpret anything said as "RA must immediately fix the issues with their planes in P3D."  We just really appreciate the quality of your products and hope you start supporting them in P3Dv2 at some point. 

Live in the future, not the past.  :P

Actually I'm living in the present.  B)  I'm grateful for your kind appreciation of our aircraft. We do things in our own time and there is no rush. FSX is not going to disappear overnight and P3d is not going to mature overnight either. The overwhelming majority of our customers (who very rarely post on forums at all) are not in a hurry either. Rushing into things has never been our practice. At the moment all our effort is going into updating the T Duke. When we've finished that we'll have another look at P3d and see what progress has been made.

There are only two of us and much of our time is spent supporting existing customers.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Actually I'm living in the present. B) I'm grateful for your kind appreciation of our aircraft. We do things in our own time and there is no rush. FSX is not going to disappear overnight and P3d is not going to mature overnight either. The overwhelming majority of our customers (who very rarely post on forums at all) are not in a hurry either. Rushing into things has never been our practice. At the moment all our effort is going into updating the T Duke. When we've finished that we'll have another look at P3d and see what progress has been made.

There are only two of us and much of our time is spent supporting existing customers.

Understood and appreciated Rob