Sign in to follow this  
flyingpicket

Can't even run the installer

Hello 

I bought the dx10 scenery fixer from flightsimstore yesterday and when I tried to run the installer it gave me an "application error - unable to start correctly 0xc-0000142" message on the screen and froze the desktop (but not the tray icons so i could restart my PC). I'm using Windows 8.1/64bit with FSX Gold. Look forward to figuring this one out...

Regards

Will.

The file was updated recently so perhaps you were downloading at the time and the file was corrupt. Maybe try downloading again and see how you go.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg

The file was updated recently so perhaps you were downloading at the time and the file was corrupt. Maybe try downloading again and see how you go.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Thanks yes I tried that first thing this morning before posting here, it didn't work. Curious...

Will.

Do you have and security/anti-virus software running that you may be able to temporarily disable during the install? Maybe that's interfering.

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg

Google seems to suggest that's a fairly serious system issue - it means a dll failed to initialize. Are you having problems running any other programs?

Hi Steve, 

I've tried turning off antivirus but to no avail. I've just reinstalled FSX and ran about twenty different installers no problem. Still leaves me with a £20 piece of software I can't use.......

Will.

Will - can you take a look at this forum , and follow the instructions onward from post #2, please?

Post the results back here, please. This may well be an 8-64-bit issue, as - confirming what Steve said above - there are many posts on the net.

Regards,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Will pm me an email address and I will send you the other installer, assuming its the fss wrapper that is failing ( I am still unclear on where exactly the problem occurs).

I agree with Paul a sfc /scannow is what to try.

Just to bookend this for future reference; Steve's installer that he PM'd me worked perfectly and I have installed DX10SF. Many thanks to all concerned.

Will.