Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

FS Instant Approach

Has anyone tried FS Instant Approach PRO , Runway Approach Maker? Let me know if it's worth the price. Thanks

Try freeware Lord Of The Landings, I'm using it to practice.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Howdy Jetsmell,

I have FS Instant Approach and it does what it is supposed to do.  I use it to practice instrument approaches.  And I can use it to "cut to the chase" on a long cross county flight. I run it on a client machine so I can do the setup without interfering with the flight.  Therefore It is worth the price to me.

Hope that helps some.

Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi

There is already a way to do this inside FSX.

just go to airport of choice,open the map,grab aircraft with mouse and drag it to where you want to start approach from,type in speed and altitude and off you go.

i've been doing it this way for years.

steve

After all these years, never thought to drag and drop....thank you

Has anyone tried FS Instant Approach PRO , Runway Approach Maker? Let me know if it's worth the price. Thanks

Instant Approach is worth the money, IMO. Yes, you can drag and drop your plane in FSX to align your own approach, but Instant Approach can set your wind speed and angle, your FREQ / NAV data for the selected runway, and visibility settings in a matter of seconds.

Instant Approach cuts the time to manually set these things up in FSX via the map. I can design approaches to multiple runways at the same airport or many airports in various visibility scenarios, day / night etc. in seconds. Save the flight once it loads and you can build many approach scenarios in a very short time.

Remember to "click on" or activate FSX once you load the approach, giving focus back to FSX saves on the loading time.

Theres another excellent approach tool coming out soon, there was a topic with some Youtube videos, cant find it atm.

Theres another excellent approach tool coming out soon, there was a topic with some Youtube videos, cant find it atm.

I think you mean this: http://youtu.be/S9xEIWemEUw

There is already a way to do this inside FSX.

just go to airport of choice,open the map,grab aircraft with mouse and drag it to where you want to start approach from,type in speed and altitude and off you go.

+1. And also save the flight if you want to repeat the approach for practice, and press Ctrl-; to restart after you land. You can also start a floatplane flight from any body of water you like using the map. Just drag the plane onto the lake and set Alt=0.

An advantage of LotL however is that I think it logs some stats on your landing performance. Are there any other gauges that also do that?

Barry Friedman

Fsia Also Allows you to filter/search for runways bard on variables and choose detailed airports.

I use both fsia and Lord of the landing together and they work well!

Lola had the advantage of being able to reset the approach with a key combination during the approach of you want

Jay

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Only program i know that lets you know how good you are is REX Latitude...or in my case how BAD i am :(

LoLa does the same - and it keeps telling me how bad I am at ladning, too.