Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

Will you Re-Buy Xplane10 again on STEAM?

I have no problem downloading 80GB+ if it was the first time buying the sim. But since I already own X-Plane 10 I am not going to rebuy it just to artificially inflat their numbers. That's just asinine.

I will not pay for the sim again. Main advantage with Steam is the auto-updater, but X-Plane already comes with a good updater.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I have bought it twice :-/  Not a third time :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Not a chance.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Depends on if XPX no, but XP11 on steam server could download just North America, Austraila, Western Europe Yes. If could use my carendo payware ga planes sure. Steam idea not bad use it for Eurotruck 2 get updates on newest trucks like it actually.

What the heck is Steam?

I hate being old, my finger just ain't on the pulse no more.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

What the heck is Steam?

I hate being old, my finger just ain't on the pulse no more.

Stu

Steam is pretty much the standard for the online game store, it has a great interface and allows you to bring your games with you across PC's.

www.steampowered.com

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Have not bought xplane. but now i might take the plunge, thanks for the heads up, love steam.

Don't wait just because of this "heads up." It's only an idea, and far from definitive. 

Just buy the DVDs if you're serious about trying it. :)

No, I would not buy it twice just because of Steam!

Founder of X-Aviation

Why would you buy anything again just because it's on Steam?? 

Either you get a key from laminar to activate your version there, or you let it be and buy XP11...

The only good reason (if you already have it) to repurchase on Steam would be it would eliminate having to have to load with the DVD, or hardware dongle using up one of your USB ports, each time. Other than that, I can't see a reason.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d