Sign in to follow this  
autopilot

What's the difference b/w FSX and MS Flight? And Future of FSX?

Hello, Guys!

Have you played MS flight? If YES then please tell me "What's the difference b/w FSX and MS Flight?"

Also what do you think will Microsoft add new Aircrafts like B777, A330, A380 etc in next versions? Some people say that Microsoft will finish the FSX in future. So how much is it right?

Best Regards,

AP,

MS Flight is a dead product.  MS has dropped it and dropped any support or products for it.

DJ

Hello, Guys!

Have you played MS flight? If YES then please tell me "What's the difference b/w FSX and MS Flight?"

Also what do you think will Microsoft add new Aircrafts like B777, A330, A380 etc in next versions? Some people say that Microsoft will finish the FSX in future. So how much is it right?

Best Regards,

AP,

Where have you been?          ............ and who are these "some say" ... people?

MS Flight was a game released by Microsoft and terminated and the project closed less than a year later.   It's dead and buried.

FSX is of course also an abandoned MS product but with massive community development and because it covers the whole Earth (which MS Flight doesn't) is a true global flight simulation platform.

My suggestion would be;  FSX, P3D 2.0, X-Plane 2, AeroFlyFS ......all worth a look to see which one is right for you.

MS Flight...... forget it.

Microsoft have exited flight simulation so there will be no "B777, A330, A380 etc" for MS Flight, and it's almost certain that FSX will not be further developed my MS.

Microsoft have exited flight simulation so there will be no "B777, A330, A380 etc" for MS Flight, and it's almost certain that FSX will not be further developed my MS.

Why they'll not add new aircraft? Can you tell me reason? Also tell me will they eliminate FSX in future?

Soon after MS Flight was released, Microsoft decided to stop developing anything for it. What you see out there is what you will get, There are no OFFICIAL development tools either, so the community cannot add anything either.

Now, FSX is not being developed by MS either. You can still purchase and activate it just fine. But the development tools have always been available, therefore the community can continue to develop and support FSX.

There are no OFFICIAL development tools either, so the community cannot add anything either.

At it again Jim!

True, there are no OFFICIAL tools, but there are good UN-OFFICIAL tools available for those of us who are still using it. And the strong possibility of porting some FSX aircraft and scenery before long. Just check out the MSFlight forum right here at AVSIM. Dead, no, not entirely. I will leave it at that.

Steve

At it again Jim!

:LMAO:

+1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Ya Steve, just wait till after Christmas or early 2014 and those re-paints will just be rolling into the library. Same with all the other great freeware add-ons I'm sure.

Just because I don't post in the Flight forum don't think for a minute that I don't stop by from time to time to see what the few of you are coming up with.

At it again Jim!

True, there are no OFFICIAL tools, but there are good UN-OFFICIAL tools available for those of us who are still using it. And the strong possibility of porting some FSX aircraft and scenery before long. Just check out the MSFlight forum right here at AVSIM. Dead, no, not entirely. I will leave it at that.

Steve

Well MS flight for me it's dead hence it never started period lol ;-)

André

Soon after MS Flight was released, Microsoft decided to stop developing anything for it. What you see out there is what you will get, There are no OFFICIAL development tools either, so the community cannot add anything either.

Now, FSX is not being developed by MS either. You can still purchase and activate it just fine. But the development tools have always been available, therefore the community can continue to develop and support FSX.

Don't forget there's always P3Dv2  :p0816: Just kidding, No I'm not !

MS Flight got my eye back into Flight Simming again.. I'll give it that much credit. If not for it I would have never signed up here. It was good for what it did do and that was make GA flying an easy to jump into distraction from the misery of real life without going through the motions of a whole FSX install etc.. Problem though was anyone with a desire to learn past what it offered ran into the wall of the enclosed garden it was kept in.  The rest is history. Most of us went back to FSX, a few moved to Prepar3D and a partridge and a pear tree lived happy ever after.  B)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I too was forced back to FSX. I got the A2A J3 with accu-sim and am having fun with that. Only my second add-on for FSX. Flight ran flawlessly right out of the box, FSX did not and never will. I only run the stock set-up with the extension pack and it will do until something better comes along.

Yes Jim, I know that you keep an eagle eye on this forum. Thanks for checking in.

MS Flight got my eye back into Flight Simming again

Me Too!

FSX did not and never will

It does here ,smooth as glass on fairly low end hardware

i5-2500K @ 4.6 with an Nvidia GTX570 (i.e a seriously outdated system)

MS Flight got me started in FS. I still fly it and NOTHING.. absolutely NOTHING runs and looks as good as MS Flight does. 400 bucks later I have FSX looking decent but it still isn't MS Flight

The only problem with MS Flight is/was it's lack of content.

I was hoping P3D V2.0 would at least be it's equal in performance...but it was a major disappointment.

MS Flight got me started in FS. I still fly it and NOTHING.. absolutely NOTHING runs and looks as good as MS Flight does. 400 bucks later I have FSX looking decent but it still isn't MS Flight

The only problem with MS Flight is/was it's lack of content.

I was hoping P3D V2.0 would at least be it's equal in performance...but it was a major disappointment.

Thank you DoubleJ, my feelings exactly. I still have hope for Aerofly FS "next addition". It has the true feel of MSFlight but not the functionality yet. At least there will be third party add-ons.

Steve