Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Ant's T28B & C released.

Honestly - I didn't expect this - but this one is right up there with RealAir, and is now on my list (after AS Next...)

http://www.antsairplanes.com/trojan.html

Beautiful detail - much better than any of the A2A "Aircraft Factory" line, and at an unbelievably low price! 

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I bought the "D" version finally... just to support Ant.  He makes nice planes for low cost.

Unfortunately it appears FlightSimStore only has ver 1.1 for the D model.  I guess I'll have to wait for version 2.0.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Paul for the HUP.  I have the Sierra LSA and it is a joy to have fun in.  Can't beat their prices for some really good planes.  I hope PCA has the new version T28 so I can go over there and pick one up with a 10% off on Tuesdays.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

OooOooOOo.. I LOVE Ants work.. Highly underrated aircraft and that's before you take into considering the low prices he asks for them in return.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I see no mention of addressing the flooding issue. :unsure:

Issue has been addressed. Found out the problem was constantly updating the spoiler settings (to account for drag from the canopy and cowl flaps) was the problem.

At the moment only simmarket has the T-28 online with FS Pilot Shop saying it should be up tomorrow morning. All other retailers have been informed but I have heard nothing from them yet.

www.antsairplanes.com

Thanks for the support!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Issue has been addressed. Found out the problem was constantly updating the spoiler settings (to account for drag from the canopy and cowl flaps) was the problem.

At the moment only simmarket has the T-28 online with FS Pilot Shop saying it should be up tomorrow morning. All other retailers have been informed but I have heard nothing from them yet.

Rippa! Or is it 'Ripper' :biggrin:  Either way, top man. Off to the shops...In the morning. :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

The current status with regards to the availability of the T-28 with retailers is this:

Simmarket have D V2 and the B/C: 
http://secure.simmarket.com/ants-airplanes-trojan-t28bc.phtml

FSPilotShop have D V2 and the B/C:
http://www.fspilotshop.com/ants-airplanes-north-american-t28bc-p-4773.html

PC Aviator USA have D V2 and the B/C:
http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=20009&cat=0&page=1

JustFlight have D V2 and are currently working on the B/C:

Existing T-28D owners can download the V2 installer from their account with the above retailers.

I have heard nothing from Flightsimstore nor PC Aviator Australia so unfortunately I don't know when they will update their files.

www.antsairplanes.com

Still no sign of Adrian having woken up. Or have you done something to upset him Ant? B)

I assume the download size has changed from 109.40mb.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Just downloaded this after trying the demo. It really is a match for payware costing three times as much. The external and internal attention to detail is excellent, as is the radial engine sound - even the documentation is good. I mainly fly RealAir and A2A aircraft but this definitely up there with the best and absolutely amazing value for money. Although there have been some mentions of framerate hits because of the level of detail, I haven't noticed anything significant on my very modest system. Buy it, you'll love it!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Honestly - I didn't expect this - but this one is right up there with RealAir, and is now on my list (after AS Next...)

http://www.antsairplanes.com/trojan.html

Beautiful detail - much better than any of the A2A "Aircraft Factory" line, and at an unbelievably low price! 

If you like this then also consider looking at the Sib Wings An-2 - another incredibly detailed aircraft at an unbelievably low price! I completely missed this when it came out last year and, although a little quirky, it has rapidly become a favourite of mine to fly. I can recommend it most highly!

Bill

The T-28A (free version/donation) is very joyful to fly, it's rather slow (800hp?) but the model is really really nice for a freeware! 

What's the different between T-28B/C and D by the way? They sell them separately. The T-28D is a standalone. From what I have been reading, the engine power of both models are alike, and the cockpits are similar to. I'll get one of those but not sure which, and I don't fly/to from carriers

Gorky Max

Hello Mr fuelpumps

Here is the full list of the differences between the A, B/C and D models.

- B/C and D has 1425 hp engine vs 800hp in the A model
- B/C and D have 3 bladed prop vs 2 bladed in A model
- B/C and D have a lower profile canopy
- B/C and D have 6 weapon stations vs 2 in the A model
- B/C and D available as payware only vs A available as donationware
- B/C has a different panel layout with the location of many instruments changed
- B/C has a different attitude indicator, airspeed, manifold pressure and engine rpm gauges
- B/C has different cockpit and gauge lighting
- B/C has different switch panel and exterior lighting system
- B/C have a speed brake
- C model has a tailhook for carrier operations
- B/C has US Navy and Marines repaints, the D has Air Force, Fennec and COIN repaints, the A has US Air Force repaints

The layout of the gauges (and some of the gauges themselves) are rather different between the B/C and the A/D. Not so much that it should worry you but it does make you stop and think if you have to swap between the A/D and the B/C. The operation of the switch panel is also rather different. In this respect getting the B/C would mean having to learn a few new things while transitioning to the D model would be a lot simpler as you would only need to learn how to use the supercharger.

Most D models (although not all) were originally A models but modified with the larger 1425hp engine that was fitted to the B and C which is why the cockpits of the D and A are so similar.

Really it comes down to personal preference.

www.antsairplanes.com