Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Ant's T28B & C released.

Hello Mr fuelpumps

Here is the full list of the differences between the A, B/C and D models.

- B/C and D has 1425 hp engine vs 800hp in the A model

- B/C and D have 3 bladed prop vs 2 bladed in A model

- B/C and D have a lower profile canopy

- B/C and D have 6 weapon stations vs 2 in the A model

- B/C and D available as payware only vs A available as donationware

- B/C has a different panel layout with the location of many instruments changed

- B/C has a different attitude indicator, airspeed, manifold pressure and engine rpm gauges

- B/C has different cockpit and gauge lighting

- B/C has different switch panel and exterior lighting system

- B/C have a speed brake

- C model has a tailhook for carrier operations

- B/C has US Navy and Marines repaints, the D has Air Force, Fennec and COIN repaints, the A has US Air Force repaints

The layout of the gauges (and some of the gauges themselves) are rather different between the B/C and the A/D. Not so much that it should worry you but it does make you stop and think if you have to swap between the A/D and the B/C. The operation of the switch panel is also rather different. In this respect getting the B/C would mean having to learn a few new things while transitioning to the D model would be a lot simpler as you would only need to learn how to use the supercharger.

Most D models (although not all) were originally A models but modified with the larger 1425hp engine that was fitted to the B and C which is why the cockpits of the D and A are so similar.

Really it comes down to personal preference.

Thank you sir, very informative, and I am surprised that with their price range,  B/C/D simulate engine's wear and tear too.

Gorky Max

I've got the B/C too...its an excellent addon package from Ant.

I've got the B/C too...its an excellent addon package from Ant.

OK.

Just two more question for users before I give it a go. (I will anyhow)

Does the weapon system actually destroy or damage the objects included in SimObjects (i.e. ai aircraft)? Does the gun firing too make damages? Thanks

Gorky Max

No. The weapons do not destroy ai or scenery.

www.antsairplanes.com

I think the t-28d was the plane that replaced the T-6 texan.. Not sure if it was this model or not though

Bob

I think the t-28d was the plane that replaced the T-6 texan.. Not sure if it was this model or not though

Bob

That's true. The direct replacement of Texan is the A variant, which is slower than the D model, although latter hundreds of A models were converted to D. 

Gorky Max

The A model then. I remember  years ago talking to a texan pilot about that as both planes were at the air show.

Thanks

Bob