Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

Peters Aircraft A320/A321

I wouldn't usually start a new topic looking for info on an add-on that I'm considering purchasing. But I can only find very little info/reviews on it.

So, I'm reaching out to you guys! Any of you guys have it? What's your opinion?

There's also very few YouTube videos of this plane, sigh  -_-

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

it's very good, the best flight model in XP(until IXEG 737 release :lol: )  but it only comes in a 2D Cockpit.  The awesome FREE 3D VC being made by FlightFactor will release this month or in early 2014.

I have the A320. Aa Bleed Air said, the best flight model. I fly it a lot. It's so good that the NEO does not feel right. I recommend it.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

it's very good, the best flight model in XP(until IXEG 737 release :lol: )  but it only comes in a 2D Cockpit.  The awesome FREE 3D VC being made by FlightFactor will release this month or in early 2014.

Glad to hear about the VC! The previews look amazing.

I have the A320. Aa Bleed Air said, the best flight model. I fly it a lot. It's so good that the NEO does not feel right. I recommend it.

I'm enjoying the NEO V2 at the minute, but it just isn't "real" enough for me, hence my interest in another Airbus ;) 

How is the CDU/FMC simulation? What is it limited to?

The biggest deal breaker for me is the sounds. How are they? Is there pack sounds? Avionic sounds? Different click sounds for types of switches? And obviously, do the engines sound good? ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

CDU: No airways, no SID and STAR, no holds, no v speed calculations. You have to take the v speeds from the manual and enter it. I know that it's very limited, but it is pure fun if you fly it, manual and autoflight. The engine sound is very well done but it does not have special sounds if you push switches. At least on my notebook they sound all the same. This is a plane for you, if you want to "feel" the Airbus way.

I have the 380 series of Peter's. In my opinion the flight modelling of Peter's aircraft are second to none. In this area it's very impressive, they have an extremely sophisticated feel to them.

That said, most of what you're paying for happens under the skin (so to speak). His 380 at least is very light on the systems that you have to interact with as the pilot ... and the dedicated FMC is an outgrowth from the default XP one; clever but very limited compared to what is currently available elsewhere.

My ideal airbus would be Peter's flight model with cockpit and systems by someone else.

@pryoski:

I've been trying to write exactly what you wrote - couldn't find a better way to do it!  You have expressed exactly what I feel about Peter's A380, and also the reasons why I eventually decided to buy the NEO instead ( the price tag also helping a bit... )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have the 380 series of Peter's. In my opinion the flight modelling of Peter's aircraft are second to none. In this area it's very impressive, they have an extremely sophisticated feel to them.

That said, most of what you're paying for happens under the skin (so to speak). His 380 at least is very light on the systems that you have to interact with as the pilot ... and the dedicated FMC is an outgrowth from the default XP one; clever but very limited compared to what is currently available elsewhere.

My ideal airbus would be Peter's flight model with cockpit and systems by someone else.

Aw, that's a shame  -_- So why the 40 euro price tag for a single IAE or CFM A321 model? Is it really worth it?

Maybe I should wait a bit. Is there any systems updates planned?

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Aw, that's a shame  -_- So why the 40 euro price tag for a single IAE or CFM A321 model? Is it really worth it?

Maybe I should wait a bit. Is there any systems updates planned?

Hi Jesse, I would recommend you email Peter directly for your questions and make your decisions based on that information.

Only you can decide if the offer matches the value you seek.

I occasionally fly my Peters aircraft for the sheer thrill of how it feels in the virtual air, however when I want a more complete systems experience I will choose something else ... and tbh I mostly fly turbo-prop and piston because they are less complex to begin with, so the abstraction required to 'suspend disbelief' that I'm in the cockpit is easier to maintain!

I've got the Qantas A380 with RR engines which I purchased earlier this year but haven't flown it in a long time. I should probably give it another go as I found flying it manually extremely enjoyable and the limited systems that are modeled work really well. Flying it is so enjoyable that I never actually turn on the AP till I reach CRZ ALT.

The lack of more sophisticated systems and FMCG functionality is a bit of a bummer and this always made the actual route planning portion a bit of a hassle if you actually wanted to do more with the plane than just fly circuits.

I think that if you have a program such as PFPX you might be able to export your route to X-Plane format and load it into the FMCG that way. I'll have to give this a try myself as I've done it with FJSim 727 by importing a route into the CIVA INS and this worked quite well.

I am seriously considering getting Peters A320/321 package. I have all the variants of the A380. The MCDU is sadly lacking quite badly, but as several have already said; it's a joy to fly the darned thing. I bet the A320/321 is just as nice to fly. I hadn't flown the A380 in months when the thread about it here in the forum made me dust it off and take it for a spin. Man, it flies nicely. Went for a 1000NM trip and had it autoland as visibility at the arriving airport was almost zero. What a nice landing! Wonderful flare before the wheels gently (if that's the correct word for this insanely large beast) touch down exactly on the center line. 

It would be so sweet if the MCDU was fully functional. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Question!

How does the AF system perform an autoland in xwind. Does it fwd slip bellow 100', aligning as much as possible with the rw centerline, and using the upwind low technique ( yes, I know it's different in the buses because of the use of roll spoilers, but still used in RL up to a certain level... )?

I know the A380 does it by the book, contrarily to what, for instance, Aerosoft's AXE for FSX or the NEO A320 for X-plane 10 do ( comming down to touchdown with a considerable crab angle and only then aligning ...)...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

is there an FMC add-on that is compatible? XFMX and UFMC are only for Boeings.

I have previously been using UFMC but don't really like mixing in Boeing way of things in an Airbus..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12