Sign in to follow this  

IE11 and Selected Quote problem with AVSIM forums

Anyone else having a problems when using Selective Quote option under IE11 ... works fine under Chrome, just not in IE11?

Not that I'm surprised, Microsoft product bug count has seriously increased as of late in just about all their products and updates (including Visual Studio series).  Or maybe IE11 works in Windows 8.1 just not Windows 7  -- dooh!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Check out our Help with AVSIM Forums forum.  Lots of discussions there about this.  I had to go to FireFox but there is a sort of a fix as discussed in the Help Forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Go to Tools, Compatibility settings and ad Avsim to this box.

Thanks,

Ron

Also, before you start blaming Microsoft, this seems to be an issue with this particular forum software.

before you start blaming Microsoft, this seems to be an issue with this particular forum software.

Sorry, I will have to disagree, it's most definitely a Microsoft IE11 HTML interpretation issue and as always Microsoft go there own way and frankly never really cared about W3C standards.  I've had plenty of IE11 issues with other sites, not just AVSIM ... IE10 and IE9 all the same type of problems.  But given that Chrome has no issues with AVSIM (or most web sites for that matter when compared to IE), I'm finding it hard to believe this isn't a Microsoft problem.  The only reason I have IE11 is because I use it with my Visual Studio 2012 work.

Go to Tools, Compatibility settings and ad Avsim to this box.

Thanks for tip Ron, but I had tried that some time ago and it resulted in the "Selective Quote" button not appearing at all.  It also doesn't display the little popup under my profile name that allows me to select other options like "My Content" ... just no popup at all.

Check out our Help with AVSIM Forums forum.  Lots of discussions there about this. 

Thanks Jim, will do -- using Chrome for now.

Cheers, Rob.