Sign in to follow this  
jocatch

Can I import a flight plan from RouteFinder?

Hi. I have a Polar 747 DVD showing a 747F flight from EBLG to RKSI. I wanted to duplicate this flight with my PMDG 747F.  I went on line but most of the flight planning sites come up with a blank flight plan. Only RouteFinder (rfinder.asalink.net) actually comes up with a flight plan. Unfortunately the plan is many lines long and I don't see anyway to get it into PMDG format. Can anyone help me here? Thanks.

Joe C.

Upstate NY

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First, make sure you select the database cycle on routefinder that coincides with your airac you have in the PMDG FMC.

At the bottom of the page you should see something like this:

EBLG SID LNO UM170 KENUM UZ907 OSDIK UZ706 KOKOR Z706 GESKA P605 MALIV P862 LIMAK B479 BAMAD R234 GONBI R822 METAT R30 KTL R22 ZJ B228 TODES R497 RO A310 LONKA A822 SERNA M520 POLHO B339 GM V1 PAMDA A326 DONVO G597 NOPIK STAR RKSI

LNO is your first waypoint, then airway UM170 to KENUM....etc  You can enter these into the FMC.

Alternatively paste into this page

............http://www.simroutes.com/fb2/ParseRoute.aspx

enter the route from LNO to NOPIK and download in PmDG format

First, make sure you select the database cycle on routefinder that coincides with your airac you have in the PMDG FMC.

At the bottom of the page you should see something like this:

EBLG SID LNO UM170 KENUM UZ907 OSDIK UZ706 KOKOR Z706 GESKA P605 MALIV P862 LIMAK B479 BAMAD R234 GONBI R822 METAT R30 KTL R22 ZJ B228 TODES R497 RO A310 LONKA A822 SERNA M520 POLHO B339 GM V1 PAMDA A326 DONVO G597 NOPIK STAR RKSI

LNO is your first waypoint, then airway UM170 to KENUM....etc  You can enter these into the FMC.

Alternatively paste into this page

............http://www.simroutes.com/fb2/ParseRoute.aspx

enter the route from LNO to NOPIK and download in PmDG format

Thank you!!!  You are great! That worked. I didn't know I could copy/paste into Simroute and get a plan. Excellent. I entered that plan into my FMC and I am all set to take off.

Joe C

One of the problems with the simroute website is that it sometimes will not recognise a waypoint/airway. I think this is because the airac is not up to date with the one used on routefinder.

If this is the case you will see gaps in the flightplan after you press "generate route". This may cause problems when you download the PMDG format flightplan. So you may need to edit the original string you obtained from routefinder, omitting some waypoints and adding others so you get no gaps. This is especially important if you intend to download the FS9/FSX flightplan also to use with an ATC program such as Proflight Emulator