Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Anyone want to join me in a 777 full motion sim?

Now that I have the PMDG  777-200 down pretty good, I want to test my skills on a full motion simulator.   I just finished flying my 777 to all 50 US State Capitals in 50 days starting at Maine finishing in Hawaii's PHLN.

I booked 2 hours at a Flight School in Miami who has dozens of full motion sims.  The right seat is open for my two hours.  If anyone want to add on to my time and take over the left seat for 1 or 2 hours let me know.  It is expensive ($600/hour - but you only live once and can't take the money with you  - surviving cancer makes you very aware if that). 

If you decide to add on time to my 2 hours.  The date is Monday March 17th, at Miami Airport - the time is TBD.  You need to be a US Citizen and have a valid passport with  you. We do have a flight instructor, who sits in the jump seat and sets up the sim and helps you put if you need help.   You are allowed to video tape and take photos - so bring your video camera. 

I'd love to record some data and see how this 777-200 sim compares to our PMDG 777-200

My plans are to try the NYC approaches. Take off at KLGA (I know no 777's there) , fly to KEWR 22L, continue to  JFK Canarsie13L approach, then back to KLGA Expressway Visual 31.

Then, KLGA to KBOS (time compression once level)  in the fog and try an ILS approach on KBOS 4L.  I did this on the 767, and 737-800 at this facility.  That takes 90 minutes - the remaining 30 minutes, I just do landings on short finals.

If you add hours, you can dream up anything you want to do.  Contact me if interested.

Paul

Paul Gugliotta

Sounds like it could be cool!  If you can't find anyone, I might be able to swing it on some buddy passes for the day.  I'll be flying my brother and his (at that point) wife down to their honeymoon destination in June, which will cost me a pretty penny, so I'm trying to avoid spending big until then.

I doubt the LGA approaches will be possible in the 777, but there's no harm in trying...

Either way, enjoy!

Kyle Rodgers

Man! I would love to, but I have to work, & I can't get down to KMIA

Andre Chambers

I also have another idea.  Someone can join me in the right seat for free and just join in on the ride.  Maybe you can do some videos.  But preference will be given to anyone who wants to extend the time - it'll give me a chance in the right seat to monkey around with my displays on the right side while you fly.

Paul Gugliotta

Sorry, but  that is not my requirement, it is the Flight School's requirement.  It took a lot of convincing them to let a non-pilot like me first use their  767 simulator 10 years ago.  I know they ran a check on me and I am sure I have some FBI file on me some where.  But I'm just a dopey engineer from Long Island who always wanted to be a airline pilot and fly the big jets.  At 50 years old, that dream is dead.  But flying these simulators every year or so helps me re-live my little-boy dream.

I'll combine this trip with 5 rounds of golf and a trip to visit my Florida family (and get out of the cold NY winter weather).  This will probably be the last time doing this. I hope someone can join me. 

Paul

Paul Gugliotta

I'll probably be able to if I can save up (I like spending my money since I can't take it with me). It'd be nice to get out of this cold NYC weather also.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I would be all over this, but as you say you have to be a U.S. citizen, bummer. I hope you have a great time and hopefully you find a partner.

Hi Paul

I was interested to know you live on Long Island. I am too and I have been flying heavies for quite sometime including T7, MD11 and 747..

It will be great to meet up and share our interests. I am 63 and being a pilot was my dream too.

I thought I am the only one on Long Island

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Bill, I sent you a PM.  I am in Hicksville.   

Mann, someone has to join me. I need help sticking the landing of a 777 on RW 4L in KBOS in a complete fog with 15 kt crosswind. 

Any PMDG  simmers in south Florida?  We gotta compare the 17 million dollar sim with our $89 one.

Paul Gugliotta