Sign in to follow this  
CathyH

What Carenado planes work with P3Dv2?

Have quite a few carenado planes with P3d installers for 1/4, do the planes work in V2?

The ones I tried all worked flawlessly.. Whether there are bits of incompatibility unseen to the naked eye only he could answer.  I would email him. Carenado aren't much for publicly stating things like this and prefer you email them. They are very good are responding to emails.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I have the C185 Bush working, but I installed it by tricking the installer into thinking it was being installed into FSX, then copying the files over to P3D.

Yeah, that's the only "incompatible" bit I saw.. The actual installer on some of them are hard coded to not let you install anything unless it sees an FSX install.. Not even so much as a "browse" option. Definitely need the migration tools for those few using that install method still.  Most of them though let you change the install directory manually whether you have FSX or P3Dv1.x installed or not.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I have about a dozen Carenado airplanes and all of them are working fine in P3Dv2.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

This is very good news, plus Carenado was one of the first on the P3D bandwagon. They are currently having a sale over at simMarket (http://secure.simmarket.com/carenado.mhtml) which I plan on picking up the 208b for v2.

I emailed them last week about installing the Baron58. According to them none of their planes have been tested for P3DV2.0. As they were still waiting for a developers copy of P3DV2.  

We are still waiting to receive an official developer version of Prepar3D v2 from Lockheed Martin so that we may begin updating our installers so that they are 100% P3Dv2 compatible. We will then update our installers and inform our customers. For the latest updates and announcements, please check our Facebook and Twitter pages:

I emailed them last week about installing the Baron58. According to them none of their planes have been tested for P3DV2.0. As they were still waiting for a developers copy of P3DV2.  

We are still waiting to receive an official developer version of Prepar3D v2 from Lockheed Martin so that we may begin updating our installers so that they are 100% P3Dv2 compatible. We will then update our installers and inform our customers. For the latest updates and announcements, please check our Facebook and Twitter pages:

That certainly surprises me, I would have thought they would have been on the Beta.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

But they are using the Carenado Bonanza as one of the default aircraft. I don't understand the disconnect here. They don't even have a developers copy of P3Dv2?

The sale is also on http://www.justflight.com so I suppose the sale is everywhere.

I was wondering though: they have planes for FSX and planes for FSX/P3D. I own three Carenado planes for FSX (F33A, C185F and C172N) and all three aren't available for P3D. Could those planes can be installed into P3D anyway…? I wonder if there is a real difference between FSX only planes and FSX/P3D planes… If there IS a difference, I might buy one of the P3D planes. I am not a real big an of Carenado but since my other add-on planes don't work well in P3D, I am interested in one, specially with this sale, of course.

Which Carenado plane for P3D that's on sale comes a bit close to for instance the RealAir Lancair Legacy?

I installed the TBM850 without issue in P3Dv2, and it appears to work ok. The performance is not that great however, and I am experiencing a 30fps drop compared to other aircraft which I assume can be contributed to the G1000 not being optimised for use in Prepar3d (yet).

Once developers start using the P3Dv2 SDK, aircraft models (exterior and interior) will no longer be backwards compatible with FSX/A or P3Dv1.x... The compiled models are very much different since a lot of new features are baked into the model files.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator