Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

First OOM--at 3 GB VAS

I had my first OOM ever today (never had one in FSX).  I'm running Win 8.1 (64 bit), so there should be 4 GB available VAS. After the OOM, I recreated the flight and set up FSUIPC to log the available VAS.  It showed 1.1 GB free VAS when the OOM occurred.  Task manager showed the same.  

So, the question is, why I am I getting an OOM with less than 3 GB VAS usage?  I was flying the Real Air Duke around Edinburgh with FTX Global.  I have a GTX 780 (3 GB), and VRAM usage was under 2 GB.  

Has anyone else seen this or know a solution?  Is it just a rogue OOM from FTX or the Real Air?  My P3D settings are reasonable (4.5 LOD, 1024x1024 textures, etc.).

They have some seious issues to sort out there! You just can't ignore them as "too high of settings for your hardware" any more

FYI, I also checked the event log. Nothing there. 

I have various OOMs with VAS at 2.6 to 3.5. It seems something can 'spike' VAS so suddenly and quickly that you get an OOM but the PC can't even update the VAS in time. Witg FSX VAS slowly rises and you can see an OOM coming but in P3D it can SUDDENLY happen.

As I said in the dup thread.. Recreate it without RealAir products.. They aren't compatible and it isn't just `guessing'.. The Lancair is known for missing half the cockpit audio in Prepar3D.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Yes, in my experience it also always was an addon that caused the VAS. P3D default can't be 'OOM'd', at least I couldn't get it done, not even with evert option on and full right!

There simply is something very wrong with the memory management, which is also indicated by the weird tree texture problem.

I recreated the flight and repeated the OOM--this time at 750 MB free VAS with the Real Air Duke.  I was unable to recreate it with the default Maule.  Free VAS never got below 1 GB.  I got bored and had to give up after 10 minutes.  It does indeed seem to be an add-on problem. 

Good to know.. Not denying v2 has its share of issues though but you just have be wary of FSX/P3D 1.4 addons more than ever in v2...  Growing pains and I'm not going to go find the exact quote but LM even stated it seems they may have missed some things with keeping things backwards compatible. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I got my OOMs with just 3-3.4 VAS usage as well. I only fly default aircraft, but have Norwegian freeware mesh and vector scenery installed - works flawless in P3D1.4.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I wish RealAir would support P3D!

I asked Rob back when 1.3 came out and he didn't flat out say never, but said in so many words he's happy just building his planes in FSX and had no immediate plans to support two platforms. He isn't against (the idea of) supporting Prepar3D from what I gathered but more of the whole purchasing the sim, installing, learning the new SDK, where the differences are etc..  

I've loaded my system up by having everything on max and so far have not had any problems. Doesn't mean I won't, only have one addon airport installed so addons are at a minimum.

I had an OOM flying over Edinburgh on dense autogen & trees and dense complexity... Absolutely bizzare. I could fly the same flight in fsx to a European payware airport without it occurring! Must be a problem with the sim - somewhere along the line. Btw I'm running gtx 680 2gb, 3770k @ 4.5 & 8gb ram. Explanations would be helpful haha...

Regards James.

I had an OOM flying over Edinburgh on dense autogen & trees and dense complexity... Absolutely bizzare. I could fly the same flight in fsx to a European payware airport without it occurring! Must be a problem with the sim - somewhere along the line. Btw I'm running gtx 680 2gb, 3770k @ 4.5 & 8gb ram. Explanations would be helpful haha...

Regards James.

Any addons? There is a bunch of addons which create an OOM with P3Dv2 (mostly caused by incompatible textures)