Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

First OOM--at 3 GB VAS

Any addons? There is a bunch of addons which create an OOM with P3Dv2 (mostly caused by incompatible textures)

Just FTX Global, everything else was default. I was flying in the f-35.

Regards James.

Regards James.

Strange. I bet the problem belongs to FTX Global OR the F-35

Regards James.

Well, there you go, FTXG is the cause of the OOM. I also had OOMs only with FTXG installed. 

Well, there you go, FTXG is the cause of the OOM. I also had OOMs only with FTXG installed.

How can it have such a negative impact though? I have my global textures @1024 no traffic of any kind... It must have some-kind of memory leak. Do you know if you can get an OOM by exceeding your GPU's memory - or does that just cause low fps and stuttering/flashing?

Regards James.

I reported this to LM. They suspected the missing speaker bug, but I do have speakers plugged in. This may well be an FTX issue.

I haven't got FTX Global installed.

I do suspect it is the 10m mesh, but if I can't use the mesh I can't use the sim, it's that simple sadly.

But the strange thing is that my VAS monitor never goes anywhere near the 4GB limit before I get the OOM. With the same mesh installed in P3D1.4, FTX Global and lots of other goddies like airports and custom AI traffic @100% I get VAS of 3.6-3.8GB, and never an OOM.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hi   i had  OOMs  because my OC being not  stable i revert back to default , réinstalled P3dv2  then oc .

all good and more fps,   hope that help

I've reported this to both LM and Orbx, so maybe they can test.

Any addons? There is a bunch of addons which create an OOM with P3Dv2 (mostly caused by incompatible textures)

And memory leaks with the new PsDV2 formatt.

With all these OOMs (?) it would be helpful (maybe) what was written in the event viewer.

Spirit

Nothing in my event viewer. No errors anyway. Just get the P3D message that it has run out of available memory.

Nothing in my event viewer. No errors anyway. Just get the P3D message that it has run out of available memory.

That's bad. I would recommend to remove all stuff what is NOT declared P3D v2 ready!

Spirit

That's bad. I would recommend to remove all stuff what is NOT declared P3D v2 ready!

Spirit

Update: I recreated the OOM with the default Bonanza flying low around Edinburgh. 1.1 GB of VAS remained when the OOM occurred! VRAM usage was 2 GB (3 GB GTX 780). So, it seems that this is either a P3D issue or an FTX Global issue and not specific to the add-on plane.  I did not have any other add-on loaded.

Update: I recreated the OOM with the default Bonanza flying low around Edinburgh. 1.1 GB of VAS remained when the OOM occurred! VRAM usage was 2 GB (3 GB GTX 780). So, it seems that this is either a P3D issue or an FTX Global issue and not specific to the add-on plane.  I did not have any other add-on loaded.

As there are more people reporting an issuee with OOM and FTX Global, it seems like we have found the source

As there are more people reporting an issuee with OOM and FTX Global, it seems like we have found the source

I think it is a bit too early to say so.

And even if so ...:

FTX Global is textures only - and not even at high res such as 4096x4096!

In fact - or at least as far as i am aware of - these textures are all 1024x1024 only!

And this should really cause no OOM's in P3D!

If this should indeed be the case however, then LM really needs to fix the memory management of P3D.2 as FTX Global sure ain't not th emost demanding add-on!

But as some users here have reported OOM's already with a VAS useage of around a mere 3GB or so, i even more think that LM will need to dig into the memory management of P3D.2 to find possible causes for these annoying OOM's.

But this is only my 2 cents here and i may easily be mistaken!

Cheers, Christoph