Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

Majestic Software Q400 Update version 1.008 - RELEASED!

Folks,

After a few months of work and testing of the much anticipated update, Majestic Software has released version 1.008 of the Bombardier Dash 8-Q400.  

We have sent the new installers to the three vendors which provide the Q400 to the simulation community.

In this update you will find numerous fixes and in some cases some of the logic has been re-coded for better performance and functionality.  One of the items which this update does have which is new to the Q400 is the turbulence now having an effect on the aircraft.

Provided is a list of all of the fixes and changes made to the aircraft since its previous version 1.007.

CHANGE LOG VER. 1.008

FDE:

+ Added turbulence and windshears - both intristic and triggered by FSX weather

SYSTEMS:

+ Fixes in the elevator disconnect logic

+ Optimization of the system performance and the CPU cores utilization

+ Fixed the COM2 microphone switching for online flying (Vatsim/IVAO)

+ Fixed the landing spoiler extension timing on touchdown

+ Fixed the nav radios reception ranges

+ Fixed the autopilot disconnects during the NAV/APPR modes of operation

+ Fixed the logic of Weight on Wheels detection

+ New VOR/ILS type detection routine

+ Implemented the composite brakes temperature and efficiency simulation

+ Simulating the FADEC "NO DISPATCH" flag

+ Corrected the Vertical Speed reversion when alt selected crosses the current altitude

+ Flight Director re-developed to allow the correct manual operation (pitch/roll axis)

+ Fixed rudder shutoff logic

+ Fixed a bug in the Sound System, that sometimes result in the CTD upon exiting the simulator

FMS:

+ Minor fixes on the VNAV pages

+ Minor fixes in the airway selection logic and insertion into the FPL

+ FPL DIstance to Destination page will update the distance in real time

+ Added the FPL SUMMARY page (visible on the ground only) 

+ Added the overfly time indication for the waypoints on the FPL page

+ Removed the blinking coursor and updated the cursor entry alignment for numerical entries

GAUGES:

+ Partial P3D compatibility

+ Reduced the mouse click zones on the disconnect handles

EFIS:

+ PFD Display: Added dumping to the IAS indication

+ PFD Display: Fixed the CDI width flickering when MFD->PFD reversion is in use

+ NAV Display: DATA function will not show the VORs which are shown as part of Flight Plan

+ Performance optimization by using the faster memory cleanup during display output

+ Fixed the incorrect SAT indication on the ED

+ NAV Display: No FMS flight plan will be presented in the VOR mode

+ PFD Display: Flight Director sometimes showing without active FGM modes fixed

APPS:

+ Control Panel will save the last Weight and Balance values entered

+ Fixed the incorrect fuel setup when the APU is running

INSTALLER:

+ Fixed the inability of the installer to accept more than a single word as a last name input

+ Added a new directX components updater

OTHER:

+ Fixes in the pilots visibility logic (external views)

+ Fixed the First Officer VC camera position

+ Added the joystick connector to send joystick button commands to the internal Q400 variables (see Special Features Guide for details)

+ Setting fuel flows via fsuipc (for XAcars)

+ Added XML variable interface for reading the internal Q400 system variables (specification available on request)

DOC:

+ Added maneuvres section to the System Manual

+ Added the joystick connector manual to the Special Features guide

We would like to thank all of you for your continued support as we work continually strive in making the Q400 an enjoyable add-on for your FSX, and upcoming P3D v2 hangar.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thanks for this guys. Have JF updated their installer yet?

Yep, I downloaded it yesterday...it's slightly bigger around 400mb

Ian R Tyldesley

Yep, I downloaded it yesterday...it's slightly bigger around 400mb

Lovely, thank you sir.

Many thanks Simeon. Look forward to trying the new update.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Great news, one question can you install over the original or  do you need to uninstall  the previous version?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete, when you install the new, the old is removed. Seems to be the case as written on another thread in this forum.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Pete, when you install the new, the old is removed. Seems to be the case as written on another thread in this forum.

Thx for the info, got it installed.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Fantastico! ...... How did I miss this yesterday?

Can;t wait to try out the new Turb interfacing;  with Opus :cool:  ... and to test the fixing of the APPR disconnecting.

Great work Majestic people!

Turbulence is kind of interesting.  I flew it in a storm yesterday (ASN) and noticed the speed gauge jumping all over the place but the plane stayed relatively smooth.  It did move around a bit but it was no jarring.  Perhaps the turbulence was not strong enough in the weather conditions.  Other than that on an ILS approach the aircraft ended up 500ft above the runway.  Not quite sure why though as it followed the GS all the way down.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If you want turbulence you need ASN.

Thank you very much for the update. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Can;t wait to try out the new Turb interfacing; with Opus

Let me know how it goes Dave. Going to be a few days before I get the chance. I agree, you gotta have Opus for the Turb :lol:

Julian Evans, have you tied ASN or you just judging with out knowing?

But if you don't try or buy ASN then I agree OPUS is second best.

I wont use any silly buttons these forums give.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Mmmm, I wonder how well it would have went down if I had called ASN "second best" on the ASN thread, David.... ?

:lol:

I think they're both great.      

But remember in the 1970s - 1990s when us Brits would all want to "buy British" ? ..... Well, I'm buying British in this case, and sticking with Opus   :wink:

ASN is great but AS doesn't get updated anywhere near as regularly as Opus.  These guys are full time developing and improving this product - and it shows.

It's the best "second best" weather engine around, I'd say   :wink: