Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

Jet Contrail turns into white Squares with ASN

Hi,

This is a ASN issue

Flying the PMDG 737 NGX at 32,000 feet I get a "stream of white" squares for a contrail.

See the attached images. In addition, I see these "white squares" behind the AI A/C on the ground (snow on the ground).

Bill Clark

post-140395-0-65360600-1386712316.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Hi,

I've never seen this.  I don't see how ASN can cause this?  These effects (contrails/dust/etc) are not in any way handled by ASN, but internal to FSX.  Do you have any shader mods?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

My contrails look fine with the 737ngx and active sky next. Contrails look the same as they did before.

I've seen these things before and not caused by ASN:

1) You have your desktop and FSX set to two different resolutions.  The graphics driver has trouble switching between them.

or

2) Your Graphics card/FSX options (particularly texture filtering) may not be set correctly)

or

3) You may have a DirectX problem.

or

4) Graphics driver not up to date.

or

5) The sim graphics just got temporarily corrupted and just restarting the sim will fix it.

What's telling is it's just the particle effects giving you trouble.  The clouds and scenery look fine.  As mentioned above, the particle affects (in your Effects Folder) are

not controlled by ASN.

-Pv-

Hi All,

I'll try flying in the next day or so............I also still have AS2012 installed, so I'll try both Active Sky versions.

I'm running both versions on a 2nd networked PC, and I have never seen this issue before.........to be investigated further.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

This afternoon I tried to reproduce this issue and wasn't successful. My original flight was from Jackson Hole Wyoming (KJAC) to Phoenix (KPHX) which had a ton of clouds and was snowing. Using the "History" feature of ASN I was able to produce similar weather, but without the snow.

So I will put this issue on the "shelf" until I encounter it again and can hopefully reproduce.

In summary, I have never seen this issue in the past until the installation of ASN..........but it could have been one of those odd ball things that occurs and is just unexplainable.

BTW - I love ASN, it is a vast improvement over AS2012 and other HiFi versions I have had over the years. It is so simple to use and really brings "new life" to FSX instrument flying.

Look forward to improvements!

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2