Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

10 plausible screenshots

Just a few randoms from my last couple of flights in X-Plane  B)

FWtul.jpg

Ua4A0.jpg

YdtPq.jpg

ltIr9.jpg

3lCGB.jpg

HTfOC.jpg

DTKBF.jpg

eofuD.jpg

ybMov.jpg

TvUcd.jpg

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Ok now I have to reinstall. Those are pretty amazing. I stopped XPlane about 9 months ago.

The scenery I was using was not like that.

Is that stock or what is it?

Nice shots - I can not see FSX/P3d topping those.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

They are more than just "plausible." They are outstanding.

Numbers 1, 6, and 10 are certainly making me rethink my reluctance to add X-Plane.

John

Thanks. Scenery is the freeware HD Mesh Scenery v2 plus some freeware airports in the south of Oregon I located via xpscenery.net. Also got some freeware cloud/sky replacements installed.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

LOVE'EM!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Ok, what will convert me, is if this standard of scenery can cover a large area? Being someone who regularly flies in Orbx areas such as Alaska and Pacific North West I need to find the same coverage in XP. I have to say some of the screenies are outstanding but I can't help thinking that they are just conveniently plucked from a small area. I would love to be wrong. If I can get this kind of coverage in Europe and Northern US then I could very easily be a convert. Oops, apologies, just realised this is a screenshot forum...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Ok, what will convert me, is if this standard of scenery can cover a large area?

This is default scenery (maybe with the HD mesh) so the whole globe is to this standard.

This is default scenery (maybe with the HD mesh) so the whole globe is to this standard.

:O  I'm gonna download the demo!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

whoow great details.

the only thing that i didin't like is the water. it looks way too dark

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Ok, what will convert me, is if this standard of scenery can cover a large area? Being someone who regularly flies in Orbx areas such as Alaska and Pacific North West I need to find the same coverage in XP. I have to say some of the screenies are outstanding but I can't help thinking that they are just conveniently plucked from a small area. I would love to be wrong. If I can get this kind of coverage in Europe and Northern US then I could very easily be a convert. Oops, apologies, just realised this is a screenshot forum...

Indeed this question would probably be better answered in the X-Plane forums :)

The HD Mesh v2 scenery covers North America and Europe. More information about coverage and links to screenshots can be found here:

http://www.alpilotx.net/

In my experience, the quality of the scenery is very consistent. The landclass is perhaps not as varied as OrbX, as their regions include a lot of hand-made edits, but it does look spectacular throughout.

MSFS / XP