Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Best Ga plane

Hi all, what's the best GA plane, 64bits compatible?

I know Carenado make planes that I'm looking at, but who else is there with x plane? A good VC is essential as I use track IR.

I'm slowly putting this jigsaw together, and it's looking beautiful!

Ian

I know Carenado make planes that I'm looking at, but who else is there with x plane? A good VC is essential as I use track IR.

Alabeo: http://www.alabeo.com/index.php

X-Avation: http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/xplane-aircraft-c-21.html

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I don't have it but the Saab 340 looks real good.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't have it but the Saab 340 looks real good.

Well, I wouldn't say that the Saab is bad, but I wouldnt describe the Saab as a GA plane.

Well, I wouldn't say that the Saab is bad, but I wouldnt describe the Saab as a GA plane.

From Wikipedia:

General aviation (GA) is all civil aviation operations other than scheduled air services and non-scheduled air transport operations for remuneration or hire.[1] General aviation flights range from gliders and powered parachutes to corporate jet flights. The majority of the world's air traffic falls into this category, and most of the world's airports serve general aviation exclusively.[2]

So technically a C90 wouldn't be GA either .. if it's used on a scheduled route for remuneration or hire (and I'll bet most of them are). The way I understand it is that it's not what it is but how is it being used.

The SAAB, C90B, JS32, MU2 and the PC-12 are my favourites.

While I've listed the SAAB (and it's definitely a favourite), I don't fly it as much as I'd like because of fps issues on my rig. It's either going to be a plane I fly more when I get a rig that can deal with it .. or I'm VERY hopeful that the patch will improve the fps issues that I have with it.

Mu-2 by X-Aviation is my vote. Unique plane and very well done.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Carenado have a sale going right now. I would pick up the B58 for sure, at $14 it's a steal. It's the most smooth-flying X-Plane aircraft I've tried so far, although I haven't tried many.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

The freeware version of the B58 is also very good (by awall86) ... actually .. very VERY good

The freeware version of the B58 is also very good (by awall86) ... actually .. very VERY good

Hmmm, I didn't know about this one?  At the .org?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, and appart from this excellent freeware, of payware class, addon, there are also a great Cub and an Autogyro ELA07-S extremelly detailled!

post-257741-0-28204100-1386760249.jpg

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hmmm, I didn't know about this one?  At the .org?

Yes :) ..

I should also add the AN-2 from Red Eyes (X-Plane) and the Aerosoft Extended Twotter (FSX!) .. both very much favourites of mine!

I know the Twotter is FSX .. however I live in fervent hope that Aerosoft will soon port this wonderful aircraft to X-Plane!