Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Help with this error?

I have not been able to find the answer to this so maybe somebody here will know. This seems to happen most frequently with the PMDG 737. I get a BEX error about 15 minutes into flying. I saw there was a way to fix this by disabling something but of course FSX can't be run that way so that fix obviously didn't work. 

Any idea how I can fix this? I am running Win 7. 

Also in a unrelated topic whenever I try and fly out KTPA- Fly tampa scenery it says IGNORE in the airport location. I have heard that in itself can cause problems or something with there being multiple AFCADS. Could somebody tell me where I can find the AFCADS for FSX to make sure there isn't more than one or something for that airport? 

And just as I try to use FSX again I get some error called a ntd.dll error or something like that. Any help on addressing these two would be great!!!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

And just as I try to use FSX again I get some error called a ntd.dll error or something like that. Any help on addressing these two would be great!!!

You need to check out the AVSIM CTD Guide. Look at the pinned topic at the top of the CTD Forum. It will lead you to the guide.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You need to check out the AVSIM CTD Guide

That was exactly what I was looking for thank you so much. I found the fix for the BEX thing and turns out the other error is being caused I guess by mytraffic 5.4 because I didn't get the error when I was using UT2. Has there been any news on if a fix has been found for that? 

Has there been any news on if a fix has been found for that?

Yes, check out his forum for the fix.  I installed the fix and have not seen the ntdll.dll error since.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes, check out his forum for the fix

Yup I found the forum and installed the patch. Haven't gotten to try it out but hopefully it works!! Thank you very much for the help.

Well turns out I am still getting the BEX/Stackhash error. I downloaded the scenery config tool but I am not sure how to order the add-on scenery. Maybe it would be best if I just select only the scenery I need for my flight instead of having all the add-on scenery selected. 

Is there any chance that might help things or is this just something that is going to happen?

Is there any chance that might help things or is this just something that is going to happen?

Whenever you have a crash that has no known solution, you have to investigate to try to find the cause.  BEX (Buffer_Exception_Overrun) and StackHash (the last four digits, if shown, are the memory address where the memory is stuck) are related to memory issues.  If you read the dissertation about BEX/StackHash crashes in the AVSIM CTD Guide, you will see some potential solutions.  I fixed mine by starting up fsx in windowed mode and making sure I closed fsx in windowed mode.  If I made a mistake of closing fsx in full screen mode, I would get the BEX/StackHash error (after I shutdown FSX).  Shutting down scenery is a possible fix but I don't know.  No one knows for sure.  You just have to try different things as suggested in the CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I fixed mine by starting up fsx in windowed mode and making sure I closed fsx in windowed mode

I tried that with the last time I opened and closed FSX. The flight in between was fine also so maybe that is also my solution. 

BEX/StackHash error

I thought I had it figured out but I don't. I am now getting this type of crash with any plane during any flight. 

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: fsx.exe
  Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_7333
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 7499c9f5

Any idea what might have caused this?

I have no other solutions other than what is in the AVSIM CTD Guide (as we discussed above) -

BEX/StackHash - There is no known solution to BEX/Stack Hash errors other than reinstalling Windows and FSX but some have accidently fixed their problem by lowering fsx/display driver settings, rebuilding the FSX.cfg, changing voltages/overclocking settings in the BIOS, disabling all scenery add-ons in the Scenery Library, and/or shutting down FSX only in Windowed Mode and starting up in Windowed Mode but never in Full Screen. Another possible fix might be at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/403927-hooray-instructions-to-get-no-more-dep-induced-bex-or-stack-errorscrashes/.

If none of those solutions work or someone else doesn't post here with a solution, then you will have to completely reinstall Windows then FSX and all of your add-ons.  We know for a fact it has something to do with memory.  It is a procedure you have been doing that is stuck at a certain memory address.  If you are overclocked, then it is not set up properly, especially your memory voltage or timings.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Thank you very much for the help. I'll look again at the stuff above and see if I missed something but looks like a total re-install might have to happen. 

The problem with a complete reinstall (which is what I did) is that it will probably appear again.  In my case it was starting up FSX in Windowed Mode and shutting down in Windowed Mode.  I'll definitely get a BEX/StackHash crash when I open close FSX in Full Screen mode.  Wish there was something I could tell you to avoid a full reinstall of Windows and FSX.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Yea I've been starting and closing FSX in windowed mode but it keeps happening. And it's always about 20 minutes into every flight. I really had no idea how complicated it is to get a program like this to run smoothly. 

Thank you again though for the suggestions.