Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

P3D V2.0 vs CH products

Hello everyone, I just installed p3dv2 and my CH products do not show up in the control setting section of P3d. All that is there is the mouse. My controls are the yoke, peddles and throttle quadrant. I have them pluged into the usb ports and I thought p3d would automatic pick them up? But no. I have the control manager and controls are calibrated through the manager. I downloaded and installed FSUIPC for v2.0 but the gui does not work. I heard other people speak of that in other threads. Latest drivers installed in all controls. Does anyone know the magic trick to import their controls into p3d? I have run out of ideas. P3D is a beautifull platform from what I can see on the ground but with no controls it is not doing me much good. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Mine were detected altho I have them completely mapped in FSUIPC except the hat switch. You might try 1) see if there are any usb errors showing in device manager 2) reinstall your mobo USB drivers 3) unplug your devices, start P3D and then plug them in - see if they show. ALso check your power save settings - you might have the usb ports set to go to sleep when not used.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic I will give your ideas a try and see what happens.

Lamar

Regards

Lamar Wright

Before I downgraded to Windows 7 my CH Eclipse (Then disappeared soon after thanks to Windows 8 joystick bug).. I also had to map it to FSUIPC (after some initial reluctance :lol: ) But it did see it..  

If you're not on Windows 8 though and it's still not showing up, that's strange.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Make sure to get CH control manager 4.55a or greater for Win8.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hello everyone, I just installed p3dv2 and my CH products do not show up in the control setting section of P3d. All that is there is the mouse. My controls are the yoke, peddles and throttle quadrant. I have them pluged into the usb ports and I thought p3d would automatic pick them up? But no. I have the control manager and controls are calibrated through the manager. I downloaded and installed FSUIPC for v2.0 but the gui does not work. I heard other people speak of that in other threads. Latest drivers installed in all controls. Does anyone know the magic trick to import their controls into p3d? I have run out of ideas. P3D is a beautifull platform from what I can see on the ground but with no controls it is not doing me much good. Any help will be appreciated.

For a problem like this it's best to tell us what OS your using.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'm sorry, Yes, that would help. I have windows 7  64 bit, control manager 455a and all usb ports show in windows as working. Power management set to never sleep or cut off. How would you know if your FSUIPC is working? I have the v for p3dv2. It shows up in the LM  modules file but can't it to display?

Regards

Lamar Wright

Mine were detected altho I have them completely mapped in FSUIPC except the hat switch. You might try 1) see if there are any usb errors showing in device manager 2) reinstall your mobo USB drivers 3) unplug your devices, start P3D and then plug them in - see if they show. ALso check your power save settings - you might have the usb ports set to go to sleep when not used.

Vic

Why not set up the hat switch through FSUIPC as well? DO NOT set it using the button controls, but instead use the Axis Assignment tab to assign the hat switch as "Send to FS as Normal Axis" and in the drop-down box select "Pan View". You can then disable controllers entirely in FSX/P3D and the hat switch on either the regular or Eclipse Yoke, Fighterstick or Pro Throttle will function exactly as it does when set through the FSX/P3D Controls Setup.

I'm sorry, Yes, that would help. I have windows 7  64 bit, control manager 455a and all usb ports show in windows as working. Power management set to never sleep or cut off. How would you know if your FSUIPC is working? I have the v for p3dv2. It shows up in the LM  modules file but can't it to display?

You need to install the latest version of FSUIPC, the earlier versions had a bug that would cause the FSUIPC window not to appear. Download the latest installer and patches from here: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Why not set up the hat switch through FSUIPC as well? DO NOT set it using the button controls, but instead use the Axis Assignment tab to assign the hat switch as "Send to FS as Normal Axis" and in the drop-down box select "Pan View". You can then disable controllers entirely in FSX/P3D and the hat switch on either the regular or Eclipse Yoke, Fighterstick or Pro Throttle will function exactly as it does when set through the FSX/P3D Controls Setup.

I may have to revisit that. I set it up that way originally but for some reason, either I didn't like it or it don't work properly, I forget - either way - it was easier to leave it set in FSX/P3D.

I'll give it another shot.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I also have the CH Eclipse yoke & Pro Pedals in P3D on Win7 64 bit. They both should just show up when they are plugged in and Win7 installs the drivers. I calibrate them in CH Control Manager and then set the assignments in P3D Controls. I do not use FSUIPC to map any of my controls.

Do they show up in Windows Device Manager under "CH Products"? If they are not there then the OS is not seeing them. Very strange indeed.

Good Luck.

Lyn

P3Dv2 auto-detected my CH Yoke and Pedals immediately. FSUIPC handles all my calibration needs.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I may have to revisit that. I set it up that way originally but for some reason, either I didn't like it or it don't work properly, I forget - either way - it was easier to leave it set in FSX/P3D.

I'll give it another shot.

Thanx,

Vic

I only mention it because I know from experience how much of a PITA it is to go through the FSX/P3D controls dialog and delete all the buttons and axes from all my CH gear if the controls.xml ever ends up back at default. ^_^

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

It's been my practice to make a backup copy of the controls.xml file...

...it's saved my bacon more than once! B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I would uninstall CH Control Manager.. Every joystick I've ever owned and whatever over the years I NEVER install the software they bundled with it..  Windows handles things fine and the software usually causes more problems..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I only mention it because I know from experience how much of a PITA it is to go through the FSX/P3D controls dialog and delete all the buttons and axes from all my CH gear if the controls.xml ever ends up back at default. ^_^

When I switched to P3D2 - had to do that. Could have just disabled controls if it wasn't for the hat switch. yup, I think I'll take a look at that again JIC.

Vic