Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Active Sky Next with EZDOK and Turbulence

I'm not a pilot but this seems like an excessive amount of turbulence. I experienced some just using ASN and it felt more natural. Plane was getting knocked around a bit, but it didn't feel excessive.  

Wow, this is really excessive. Every organ in your stomach would suffer. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

ASN does not induce headshake or camera movements.  Instead we apply wind turbulences and aircraft "attitude adjustments" when using enhanced turbulence.  Any DHM/camera movement add-on (or internal FSX DHM) will work to provide head movements as demonstrated in this video.  Nice video, although I too agree the settings for head movement are exaggerated (this can be easily tuned in EZDOK).

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I agree movement seems excessive. As in reality (excepting severe turbulence) one's eye keeps the instruments more or less stable. Video totally spoilt however, by the speaking robot whoever she is.

Turbulence reported by ASN for the area was defined as Moderate, and reminds me of some of the "Moderate " turbulence I've felt on airliners. I've been through some worse defined as severe, and more often lighter defined light turbulence or light to moderate. I do agree, I may need to do some tweaking of EZDOK, to find a happy medium as these settings I set, were set to FSX's default turbulence effects. ASN does enhance these. So the EZDOK effects would be enhanced as well.

I agree movement seems excessive. As in reality (excepting severe turbulence) one's eye keeps the instruments more or less stable. Video totally spoilt however, by the speaking robot whoever she is.

The robot is the audio briefing from ASN describing current position and destination conditions. (Tune 122.05)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

A whole lot of shaking going on!

Somebody sang that..

But I find it unrealistic, the shaking just goes up-down.. no lateral movements.

Reminds me of a flight to Jamaica recently when we hit some ripples.

I was sitting at the wing believe me the video is spot on.

I swear those wings were about to be ripped off

not unrealistic at all.