Sign in to follow this  

Am thinking of getting this as a Chrissie present for myself. Could anyone who has one of these please advise if they are happy with theirs. I have a Saitek Pro Flight yoke, does it screw into the top of the yoke?

I fly VFR in mainly twins.

Thanks 

John

I did not buy one for some time, thinking the same as you. But when I got it and used SPAD to set it all up now I love it.

Does not serve a real high purpose but since it works I think it is pretty neat.

It does screw into the yoke.

If I was to wish for more with it would be that custom making the tiles was easier.

Hope that helps.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

I have one which worked perfectly but when I changed the tiles and the corresponding tiles in the smart Technology Profiler ( and altered colours) it always displays my latest configuration in th e profiler but refuses to recognise it when flying.. it still uses the original configuration somehow.  I find it is not really essential as FIPs can be modified to create warning lights and of all the Saitek panels is the lowest priority to have.. It would have been much better visually if saitek had manufactured this as a slim line one tile row panel to fit across the top of one (or two or even three) other saitek panels.

I have and use 2 Saitek BIP's, and have no complaints with them. They really add alot to your simpit. Heres a vid of my setup with both BIPs in action among my other saitek gear -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIAeHK8Yhx8

Yes they are a bit pricey but well worth it. I purchased a second on as there are many indicators you can setup, more than will fit on one BIP.

If you have any questions let me know...

Thanks for the replies. Just one more question before I purchase. I am using a Saitek yoke that I have programmed through FSUIPC because of the dreaded Windows 8 joystick errors. I have had to uninstall the Saitek software to get it to recognise the FSUIPC settings. So if I purchase a BIP, would I need to run the Saitek software while the BIP is running and therefore be unable to use the FSUIPC settings.

Many thanks

John

Hi guys, I got the bip for Xmas too, but I'm having some issues making it work with the irtracker5. The bip works fine if the tracker is off and likewise the tracker works if the bip is off. I've been reading lots of stuff dating back to 2011 about conflict issues between the two devices and have tried their suggested fixes like start fsx without bip plugged in, load a flight and then plug bip back in, but even when I do this fsx crashes. As you can imagine I'm getting frustrated with this as every thing was working fine before I installed bip. Has anyone out there got any tips to fix the problem?

And just so you know, I'm running windows7 64 bit on a quod core.