Sign in to follow this  
drego22

Can a saved FSX flight plan be loaded & how

A big problem with FSX flight plans is that many waypoints are out of date.  But if I understand him correctly, Oliver is suggesting that you use VOR only flight plans from FSX - VORs are much more likely to be the same now as when FSX was created, so you will find them in the 777's database.  Then you can add SIDs and STARs from the 777's own database using its Departure and Arrival windows.    You will still have some conflicts with FSX's ATC, as it will try to vector you differently from the  approach in your FMC, but usually it doesn't cut you off when you don't follow it completely.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Okay, thanks Mike, & all that comment, I will try and see what happens, thanks all!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Andre Chambers

Does anyone know why the jet way goes to the middle of the aircraft, & how is can this be fixed to go to the correct door?

I'm just having all kinds of trouble with this software, now I am getting a lot of computer crashes! Ooh boy!

Andre Chambers

Does anyone know why the jet way goes to the middle of the aircraft, & how is can this be fixed to go to the correct door?

I'm just having all kinds of trouble with this software, now I am getting a lot of computer crashes! Ooh boy!

Hi, again drego22,

Have you read the Introductory manual that comes with the PMDG 777?  It has a great deal of information about how to set up FSX and how to load the aircraft.  For example: highmemfix, don't load the 777 on top of itself, start with the FSX default flight, the best way to install FSX, and much more. 

Also, there is a forum thread about known issues since the aircraft's release:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418750-pmdg-777-issue-tracking-thread-read-before-posting/

You need to go through both of these carefully.  Otherwise strange things will happen and they will be impossible to troubleshoot. 

You also need to do the tutorial flight.  It is not very long, but it will show you how the most important features of the aircraft work, including entering flight plans.

Regarding the jetway, I think that is built into the model and there is no way to change it.  I could be wrong, but frankly I think it's not worth worrying about.  Plenty of times the entry/exit is not through the most forward door, but rather the second one. 

If I understood your previous posts, you want to use FSX flight plans so that you can use the ATC in FSX.  A couple of people have made suggestions as to how to use an FSX flight plan in the 777 FMC.  But if you can live without FSX ATC, it would be better to just copy plans from a site like flightaware.com directly into your FMC.  Once you've done it a few times you will find that it is not hard to do.  In the KIAH - PHNL flight plan, there is a SID at the beginning and a STAR at the end as already mentioned.  There are regular fixes and also route numbers.  A route number starts with a letter and is then followed by one or more numbers.  On the route page of the FMC you enter waypoints on the right, but route numbers on the left.  In fact the 777 FMC does a really cool thing.  If you enter a route number and another route number below it, it figures out the intersection where the two routes come together!  (Occasionally it does find a different intersection than the one you are looking for). 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks again Mike! Can you tell me how to access the tutorial for the 777?

Andre Chambers

The easiest way is through the PMDG Operations Center, available in the Windows Start menu.  When you choose the 777,you will see a "Documentation" option.  The tutorial is self evident.  But also please look at the Introduction document as there are some things to do and to avoid to make it work well.  They are also available in the FSX/PMDG/777/Flight Manuals folder. 

Also take a look at the known issues thread I mentioned earlier -- it could save you some headaches.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Okay, thanks again Mike! I really appreciate your help!

Andre Chambers

Or you can use simbrief.com. It's a free site, though you have to register to use it. When you enter the destination and arrival airports it will suggest a route to you if another member has entered that route previously, as is quite likely. You can save the route in PMDG format and it will be there ready to load as a company route when you start the 777. If no route is suggested, then generate one using rfinder (selecting the AIRAC cycle you use first) and paste it in to simbrief. Remember to enable NATS in rfinder if you plan to fly transatlantic, otherwise it will give you a very long, circuitous route taking in Brazil and West Africa.

Simbrief gives you a whole lot more information which you can use or not, it's up to you. It's like a free version of PFPX without the detailed performance data, which you probably won't want to bother with anyway. If you are after quick and dirty ways to get flying rapdily then you certainly won't want to spend any money on flight planning addons like PFPX. I fly fairly realistically and haven't bought any either.

Oliver's suggestion (entering the departure and arrival then a STAR and SID) is the quickest and dirtiest method of all. But simbrief gives you more much more realism with little extra effort.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Okay, is there any routes that I can find online that is compatible with that that is already on the FSX, another reason I am so eager to do this is because I also have the Ultimate Traffic 2 installed and without ATC, it will be hard to takeoff and land at airports. I can't thank you enough for your time and help!

Andre Chambers

Are the simbrief.com maps compatible with the maps that are currently on FSX?

Andre Chambers