Sign in to follow this  
learn-by-flying

Performance Notes GTX690

I've been experimenting with the performance in v2 and thought I would post my findings here in case it works for someone else. First off, I did a complete reinstall of everything that way I had a clean test bed. After playing with the settings and experimenting with different configs in the display menu, I've found that (at least for me) Lens flare and HDR lighting are the FPS killers.

I get a solid 25-30fps with most of everything else maxed, I am running a GTX690 at 2560x1600 with drivers 320.78. I believe that users with this card are suffering a little as its technically a dual GPU even though its one card. Hopefully v2.1 will solve this issue.

I'm curious to know what others with the same card are seeing for performance. Even with a few hiccups I'm excited about everything which is happening in v2 (Especially REX4).

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Hi,

I've come up with a mix I like, not maxed mind you. I hold at around 30 fps at a res of 5760x1200 (three monitors), but more importantly... The sim is smooth. Looking forward to utilizing the full potential of the 690 just as soon as 2.1 is released.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

It varies and I'm still tweaking.  Settings are either max or one notch less.  But, I will be in the 40's or better at mid-sized airports and around 30 or a little less at KORD or KJFK.  I have Rex Essentials Plus Overdrive and FTXG running.  I'm just using stock traffic for now, so I may see a little drop once I get an AI package running.  I'm also hoping for some refinements in 2.1 and beyond.

I just re-read the OP and realized that he asked about the results with a GTX690!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Smooth? What am I doing wrong. I get that micro jittery ground stutter even high or low FPS's? Or does a 690 not have those?

Hi,

I had studders when I overclocked my I7 past a certain point. I see your running at 4.5 GHz, you may be seeing the same problem I had when I overclocked my system. Then again, it could be a any number of factors and/or a combination of factors.

Smooth? What am I doing wrong. I get that micro jittery ground stutter even high or low FPS's? Or does a 690 not have those?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I just re-read the OP and realized that he asked about the results with a GTX690!

The 690 is a different beast, its the fact that its two boards in one card. Even though its not in SLI, it kinda is still. My sim is smooth which is the most important part; staying around 25fps.

Tom

good thing is that p3d v2 performance is very scalable.

My system is very low on todays standards, but with clever slider management I can get 20  fps on KSEA with Maule. Cheers!

good thing is that p3d v2 performance is very scalable.

My system is very low on todays standards, but with clever slider management I can get 20  fps on KSEA with Maule. Cheers!

This is very true, it can be run on today's hardware but the experience will enhance with future hardware developments.

Tom