Sign in to follow this  
SMITI07

Did anyone know FSX has shooting stars?

Good question and I completely forgot about the northern lights.  I haven't noticed them, yet.

I've never seen them flying polar routes in the PMDG 777 but then again Im usually asleep by the time I get that far north.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Stop looking out of the windows and monitor your instruments.

Stop fixating on your instruments. Look out the window and fly :P

Eric Szczesniak

Its Amazing the amount of detail that ACES originally coded into FSX!!!!

Didn't know about the meteors!

B.

I meant to quote you above, all these subtle features were a build up over the 20+ years the franchise has been in existence. These details aren't isolated to FSX. Many of these sky features date back to FS2000. Like I said above FS9 had this as well and I'm sure P3D v2 has some Easter Eggs as well (that's what we used to call these hidden features years ago).

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Stop fixating on your instruments. Look out the window and fly

Next time I fly in a 737 I will imagine the captain saying to the co-pilot "Oooh look, there's a big ship down there...."

ngxu_banner.png

Next time I fly in a 737 I will imagine the captain saying to the co-pilot "Oooh look, there's a big ship down there...."

Instead, imagine him saying, "Oooh look, there's another aircraft headed our way."  At the same altitude.  And maintaining a fixed point on your windscreen over time.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Instead, imagine him saying, "Oooh look, there's another aircraft headed our way."  At the same altitude.  And maintaining a fixed point on your windscreen over time.

Hook

It's happened to me once at over 30,000 feet in NGX.  I completely ignored the TCAS warning because its only a simulation and I thought catching a glimpse of an AI airplane close up at cruise and what airline it was would provide a point of interest.  Collisions are enabled in my simulation.  Head On, BAM. 

Hook

"Oooh look, there's another aircraft headed our way."  At the same altitude.  And maintaining a fixed point on your windscreen over time "Don't those flashing lights look pretty...."

ngxu_banner.png