Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Decrease in performance

Good morning,

I have all of the sudden experience a significant decrease in performance plus 1 OOM error and a very close one while landing. Basically when I pan through the cockpit I get choppy movements at times and it happens every time I change views as well and this is new.

I only have sceneries that I am flying too enabled, low res clouds (REX), running ASN now (used ASE before), FSInn, and depending on where I am flying VA Acars programs. It happened flying the PMDG 777 (Total OOM) to KDFW (FSDT) and last night with the PMDG NGX (CYVR FSDT). I came close to a OOM with the NGX and that has never happened before. Any ideas? Thanks.

(Oh, I ran a defrag, Malware and virus Scan prior to posting)

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Good morning,

I have all of the sudden experience a significant decrease in performance plus 1 OOM error and a very close one while landing. Basically when I pan through the cockpit I get choppy movements at times and it happens every time I change views as well and this is new.

I only have sceneries that I am flying too enabled, low res clouds (REX), running ASN now (used ASE before), FSInn, and depending on where I am flying VA Acars programs. It happened flying the PMDG 777 (Total OOM) to KDFW (FSDT) and last night with the PMDG NGX (CYVR FSDT). I came close to a OOM with the NGX and that has never happened before. Any ideas? Thanks.

(Oh, I ran a defrag, Malware and virus Scan prior to posting)

Maybe ASN? You could lower the CDD (cloud draw distance) in ASN or disable the ASN dll in the dll.xml

from false to true and try again with ASE to see if it happens again.

In case of ASN make sure you installed the latest FSUIPC 4.924a.

So go back to last known good running combination in FSX to rule very fast a lot of things out...

André

I can try that and see what happens. 

My CDD is the same in ASN as it was in ASE. And I started noticing the rough panning prior to installing ASN.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I can try that and see what happens. 

My CDD is the same in ASN as it was in ASE. And I started noticing the rough panning prior to installing ASN.

Some ideas you could maybe try important is to go back to the last good working start-up situation of FSX.

Nothing changed in your software configuration?

Rebuild of shaders\ rebuild of your FSX config file

You could also check the temperatures of all your hardware compenents in general it's wise to do this on a regular basis...

Before going the hardware trouble shooting route, I would rule out software configuration settings and newly installed software.

Good luck,

Cheers,

André

I'll check it when I am not at work. I haven't really made any changes. The only thing I can think of is the performance may have dropped after the install of the BBS planes. I will start with my configuration file and go from there. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian A. Neuman