Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

P3Dv2 2.1 ?

Well more to the point will 64 BIT be compatable with FS9 and will it work on my I phone? While on the subject I have heard that 128 bit is already being worked on. Any inside info on when it may be released and does that mean we will have to by new computers all over again??

Update: one early tester of the 128 bit tech is claiming 766 FPS ....all sliders to the right and over New York during a Hurricane.

why don't they just move straight to 256 bit and boost performance to 1532 FPS?

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Still nothing on AA quality.

Lots of issues may cover AA?? who knows but that may envolve some help from NVidia with the drivers?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Well more to the point will 64 BIT be compatable with FS9 and will it work on my I phone? While on the subject I have heard that 128 bit is already being worked on. Any inside info on when it may be released and does that mean we will have to by new computers all over again??

Update: one early tester of the 128 bit tech is claiming 766 FPS ....all sliders to the right and over New York during a Hurricane.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:He He:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I seem to recall a post that stated they are working and in discussions with Nvidia. If that is the case, you may find that Nvidia's priorities may not have the same urgency as the developers. I might be wrong, but I am quite sure that they are not turning a blind eye to this issue. 

When can we expect v64bit?

When people stop wanting all their existing investment in FSX to magically work in P3DVx-64 ... so probably never given the resilience of those claiming to be flight sim enthusiast but not willing to pony up for it :) ... hehe ... sorry couldn't resist.

Turning off FXAA will improve image quality along with nVidia Inspector settings you can get great quality AA (but at a cost of fps).  Oddly, whenever I change nVidia Inspector settings and try to run P3DV2 right afterwards, P3DV2 crashes on startup ... a simple reboot (warm boot is fine) fixes the problem ... I have to reboot my PC, ending the application (P3DV2) doesn't seem to remove whatever caused the crash -- whatever bad it does stays resident in memory.  It's a bit of a pain, because I have to reboot my PC any time I test out nVidia Inspector settings.

I posed the question about the 64bit possibility on the LM/P3D Forum and this was one individuals reply. . ."What? So did you just wake up one morning and make that up?". 64-bit "has never" been on the table as a possibility for this release or in the near future.

I posed the question about the 64bit possibility on the LM/P3D Forum and this was one individuals reply. . ."What? So did you just wake up one morning and make that up?". 64-bit "has never" been on the table as a possibility for this release or in the near future.

64 bit is probably years away. It's been mentioned by the developers as on the road map but not right now.

When people stop wanting all their existing investment in FSX to magically work in P3DVx-64 ... so probably never given the resilience of those claiming to be flight sim enthusiast but not willing to pony up for it :) ... hehe ... sorry couldn't resist.

Agreed, but let me ask you this, since were all asking silly questions. Would you be willing to give up all your addons and start clean fresh, with the knowledge of P3D 64bit coming on Christmas day and it was all the sim we ever hoped and dreamed for?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Before the Level D 757 for sure, in all seriousness though I expect it to be within a few weeks.

Edit: Follow the link posted above, WBard is keeping us updated.

Well for once I don 't think so :blink:

André

Not at all! I have absolutly no problems with FSX ether performance or quality. V2 would have to be totally revolutionary, not just 64, in order for me to give up what Ive built. I'm not into "Gotta have new cause its new"

You need to go to the LM forum a read what Pete Dowson said about a 64 bit simulator. I would tend to trust his opinion!

Well for once I don 't think so :blink:

Why not? A few weeks is two to three. I bet we have the first patch by then.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Would you be willing to give up all your addons and start clean fresh, with the knowledge of P3D 64bit coming on Christmas day and it was all the sim we ever hoped and dreamed for?

Well that's exactly what I don't understand ... if a new P3D64 bit came out tomorrow and it wasn't compatible with any of my P3DV2 or FSX add-ons, why would I have to "give up" using my older product?  I do what I do now with any new platform, simply continue using my older version(s) along with the new and as time moves forward and add-ons become available, I slowly transition my flying time to the point where I rarely use the older product.

If some of the old never gets updated to the new, then I live without or find alternatives.  There is so much to the world of flight simulation that no "single" add-on or product makes or breaks the enjoyment ... just too many ways to be ... dare I say, "entertained" ... the lawyers are lining up and police about to smash down the door :)

I see several folks get stuck in a rut where if one Add-on isn't available, then that's it ... everything is null and void from that point onward  ... may as well pack up the hobby (like the one stop PMDG exclusive club).  Just seems crazy to me (and very narrow minded), there is such a huge scope in a "world coverage flight simulation" that how could anyone not be able to entertain themselves?  But to each his/her own.

I've got every single MSE product, all the Horizon stuff, FTX, all kinds of quality aircraft, airports, etc. etc. ... I've got 10+ years of entertainment sitting in FSX with much not explored, and about 2+ years sitting in XP10, and now P3DV2 is another.  And then there is the evil doer Tom, posting up new products in AVSIM just about every day ;)  Just about anytime I load up FSX, P3D, XP10 there is always something new and cool I can do with it that I haven't done before.  A 64bit P3D would be just another new and cool product ... but like many my interest in FS'ing goes up and down as I have other things I like to do in life (beyond work) not related to FS at all.

I just enjoy whatever comes out of this hobby and I've yet had to give up anything, I just keeping enjoying the new and the old and the new again.  It's certainly not all perfect, but with a little imagination and occasionally a blind eye, it works! :)

Cheers, Rob.

.I cant afford to have a blind eye.  Im going to call it what it is a realist! All I care is what can it do for me now and I don't care to be part of the advancement of a revolution? With that believe, FSX still better meets that demand. I will be getting a refund in the next week and in the not so near future, repurchase version 2.5. ( Maybe a year?) "Never fly the A model of anything" I fly I dont test!

I cant afford to have a blind eye.  Im going to call it what it is a realist!

I haven't flown a simulator (on the PC) yet that hasn't required a blind eye and I don't expect that to change within the next 10 years.

I just had a wonderful test flight ;) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQMjFZnAgsI

Cheers, Rob.