Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Before I purchase P3d V2

Install FSINN again with Estonia Migration Tool turned on, run P3Dv2 using legacy mode.

Fsinn works fine.

Ah don't tell i have to purchase that ! my wife will kick me out for anymore purchases except the new sim :) or is it freeware ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I am a married man :)

Thanks for all the info EVERYONE , I am going for the academic version.

Looks like no one is using vatsim ?

Though you don't qualify. Lockeed Martin developers put a lot of hard time and effort into this product, and it would be a huge shame to short them of the money that they rightfully deserve. The flightsim community thrives on people who are honest and do the right thing. Those who disobey the LEGAL rules, should be punished. I am surprised that avsim does not try to stop this from occurring. It damages the entire community. 

Though you don't qualify. Lockeed Martin developers put a lot of hard time and effort into this product, and it would be a huge shame to short them of the money that they rightfully deserve. The flightsim community thrives on people who are honest and do the right thing. Those who disobey the LEGAL rules, should be punished. I am surprised that avsim does not try to stop this from occurring. It damages the entire community. 

What are you trying to say ?

Who has disobeyed the Legal rules , and what exactly is avsim not trying to stop ?

Why don't I qualify ?  email LM and ask them which one to purchase and they will email you back saying check the store.

I do have real ground training from years back but no flight training as its very expensive so wouldn't I qualify ? or is it only people who are training ?   What is the qualification they want ? of course that would be a graduate , do they ask you any questions about your qualification when you purchase ? I doubt that.

Though you don't qualify. Lockeed Martin developers put a lot of hard time and effort into this product, and it would be a huge shame to short them of the money that they rightfully deserve. The flightsim community thrives on people who are honest and do the right thing. Those who disobey the LEGAL rules, should be punished. I am surprised that avsim does not try to stop this from occurring. It damages the entire community.

Stop what from occurring?

I bought the academic license...what legal laws did I break?

Do you have some sort of law degree?

He is saying that there are lots of people who infer that they are paying the Academic price when they should be paying the Pro price, and Avsim is silent on the subject. Whether Avsim should be saying anything is of course open to debate. Given Avsim's almost ferocious defense of LM's EULA, I have been slightly surprised that they haven't, but it doesn't bother me either way.

- Bill Magann

He is saying that there are lots of people who infer that they are paying the Academic price when they should be paying the Pro price, and Avsim is silent on the subject. Whether Avsim should be saying anything is of course open to debate. Given Avsim's almost ferocious defense of LM's EULA, I have been slightly surprised that they haven't, but it doesn't bother me either way.

AH OK !

For some people 200$ is quite a load at least for me to be honest. Now the question is what is Legal / Qualification is LM asking about ?  Does anyone know it ? Heck I had emailed LM and they simply told me to check which version I want , the only thing IIRC I had mentioned  in the email was that I want to use it for training purposes and have ground training..

If Avsim is officially associated with LM on the Academic / Pro thing then yes they should raise the issue.

What are you trying to say ?

Who has disobeyed the Legal rules , and what exactly is avsim not trying to stop ?

Why don't I qualify ?  email LM and ask them which one to purchase and they will email you back saying check the store.

I do have real ground training from years back but no flight training as its very expensive so wouldn't I qualify ? or is it only people who are training ?   What is the qualification they want ? of course that would be a graduate , do they ask you any questions about your qualification when you purchase ? I doubt that.

Unless you are in high school or below, you do not qualify for the academic license. If you are out of high school, then it would be illegal for you to buy the academic license. AVSIM should try to stop this who are buying the wrong version, and encouraging others to do so. Buying the wrong version brings down LM's profits, and discourages them from making future versions, something that no one would want to have happen.

AH OK !

For some people 200$ is quite a load at least for me to be honest. Now the question is what is Legal / Qualification is LM asking about ?  

I know that for some people getting the two hundred dollars is quite a load. For me getting the 60, so that I can buy the academic version will be quite a lot. Yes I do actually qualify for that version. Saving will only make it sweeter in the end. LM states on their website that the academic version is only for those who are undergraduate or below, and that anything more requires the professional license. There is a whole other package for those who are developers, but that is not important right now.

Unless you are in high school or below, you do not qualify for the academic license. If you are out of high school, then it would be illegal for you to buy the academic license. AVSIM should try to stop this who are buying the wrong version, and encouraging others to do so. Buying the wrong version brings down LM's profits, and discourages them from making future versions, something that no one would want to have happen.

I know that for some people getting the two hundred dollars is quite a load. For me getting the 60, so that I can buy the academic version will be quite a lot. Yes I do actually qualify for that version. Saving will only make it sweeter in the end. LM states on their website that the academic version is only for those who are undergraduate or below, and that anything more requires the professional license. There is a whole other package for those who are developers, but that is not important right now.

LOL Alright I completely misunderstood your post. Well AVsim is not the one who should be stopping it is LM who should be.

LM profits from buyers, my guess is there are more 50$ buyers than the 200$ ones. And that License thing is just a front cover IMO.

I don't think anyone is bothered about LM's profits they are profiting very well with the F16 block 52 or 60 hmm i forgot which Block . Do you know what is the cost of a simming hobby ? 200 (P3d V2) + sceneries + add on + air crafts + hardware.

Avsim has the right to lock the thread which contains License purchases being wrong on the avsim forum.

Seriously. You need to stop right now. You are not a lawyer and you are not a EULA lawyer nor are you a lawyer in that gentleman's country so stop telling him it is ILLEGAL you have no clue.

I don't think anyone is bothered about LM's profits they are profiting very well with the F16 block 52 or 60 hmm i forgot which Block . Do you know what is the cost of a simming hobby ? 200 (P3d V2) + sceneries + add on + air crafts + hardware.

But the fighter aircraft is a totally different division than P3D. LM would most likely look at costs and profits at a division by division basis. If the P3D division is underperforming, they might cut it, to either civilians, or entirely. That would be a huge shame. In some ways buying the wrong version is like pirating an add-on. It is taking something without paying the full price. Yes I know what the hobby costs. I have spent somewhere around 2,000 dollars over the course of four years on flight simming, and plan on spending more. It is an expensive hobby that could be made cheaper if people actually paid the right amount for things. If a company makes more money from a product, then they might lower the cost in an effort to stimulate even more demand.

Seriously. You need to stop right now. You are not a lawyer and you are not a EULA lawyer nor are you a lawyer in that gentleman's country so stop telling him it is ILLEGAL you have no clue.

I know that I am not a layer, I just believe in doing the right thing, a trait that seems to be becoming more and more rare. Our hobby is supported by people doing the right thing, and helping each other. It is not supported by people who skirt around the rules. Now off to a more upbeat thread, before a true flame war starts.

Seriously. You need to stop right now. You are not a lawyer and you are not a EULA lawyer 

1. And now why would you support the pirating of add ons?

2. No yet, but law sounds like a good profession. 

He is saying that there are lots of people who infer that they are paying the Academic price when they should be paying the Pro price, and Avsim is silent on the subject. Whether Avsim should be saying anything is of course open to debate. Given Avsim's almost ferocious defense of LM's EULA, I have been slightly surprised that they haven't, but it doesn't bother me either way.

Aaaaand why should everyone be buying the pro version?

There is no difference besides the watermark and the verbiage of the license type.

Last I checked, their license doesn't restrict me from paying for the academic.

But the fighter aircraft is a totally different division than P3D. LM would most likely look at costs and profits at a division by division basis. If the P3D division is underperforming, they might cut it, to either civilians, or entirely. That would be a huge shame. In some ways buying the wrong version is like pirating an add-on. It is taking something without paying the full price. Yes I know what the hobby costs. I have spent somewhere around 2,000 dollars over the course of four years on flight simming, and plan on spending more. It is an expensive hobby that could be made cheaper if people actually paid the right amount for things. If a company makes more money from a product, then they might lower the cost in an effort to stimulate even more demand.

It may be a different division of LM but it is the same company where funds get transffered to development division .

Why should buying the wrong version be piracy. The buyer has paid the price asked for the product he or she is interested in . As I said earlier they have to control which goes to whom , if I go and buy P3d V2 academic and they don't have any issues than thats not piracy that;s paying the full price for the product i am buying. Just to keep them happy so that they will come out with a new version for which they will charge 300$ !

Alright, just to keep LM profitable than I don't think for me P3d V2 is the right exit from FSX I would be happier with a touch down on XPX.

Hmmm hope you are not a sales person for LM :).

This thread has seemed to about run its initial course and now trending into armchairlawyerville.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors