Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Before I purchase P3d V2

This thread has seemed to about run its initial course and now trending into armchairlawyerville.

HAHA ya kind of

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

1. And now why would you support the pirating of add ons?

2. No yet, but law sounds like a good profession.

Where did he even mention pirating software?

Anything else you would like to pull out of thin air to validate your opinionated argument?

I swear....tonight there have been some real "out there" posts in a few forums.

Just for clarification, a EULA is a licensing agreement between you and the license holder. Breaking its terms is in no way breaking the law. The most likely outcome of the license holder finding and enforcing a EULA violation is a revocation of your license to use the software.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Tapatalk

Anything else you would like to pull out of thin air to validate your opinionated argument?

Nothing I am saying is pulled out of thin air. It is just a perspective that I guess you are not used to hearing, Logic. Though I did hear from a friend of mine that 52% of all statistics are made up, do you think 52% is the right amount.

It says specifically that the academic is for undergraduate and below, otherwise everyone fits under the professional version.

1. How do you know who is an undergraduate and who isn't?

2. Why is it even your business?

You guys need to stop with this EULA crap.

It's tiresome.

Can we get this locked please?

Anyway guys I think i will go with XPX. P3d v2 does not sound sweet anymore.

Thanks for all your help , and hope no one has taken an offense against anyone :).

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

1. How do you know who is an undergraduate and who isn't?

You guys need to stop with this EULA crap.

It's tiresome.

I think that LM hoped that some of us would read what they posted. They have said specifically undergraduate student, not just undergraduate person. I am guessing that they are used to the U.S. system of doing things where most people go from high school direct into college. And yes the EULA stuff is quite tiresome, it would be nice if people bought the right version.

I don't mean to come off as confrontational but I'm getting tired of every thread getting derailed hijacked into a EULA debate. Enough is enough the OP asked a legitimate question. I wish they would wipe this whole P3D forum and start fresh and hand out suspensions and bans to people who beat this into the ground. 

Out.

There is no tweaking of config files like you had to do with FSX, no overclocking your CPU, and any other crazy adjustments FSX needed.

This is simply false

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

This is simply false

I have not done a single "tweak" on my low end system. Installed, moved a couple sliders (literally 2) and have 35-55 fps.

YMMV

This is simply false

I have not done a single "tweak" on my low end system. Installed, moved a couple sliders (literally 2) and have 35-55 fps.

YMMV

Well, if the original comment was made in relation to FSX it's worth noting you can likely do exactly the same with Vanilla FSX on sufficiently modern hardware, although I don't think many would describe FSX as "no tweaking."   For examp, when I installed it on my current system, it ran the default Cessna at close to 50 fps on a virgin vanilla install at fairly high settings.  At that point it could genuinely be said "requires no tweaking." But that was only the beginning.  When it came down to getting it running at a steady 30 fps with a heavy PMDG plane, rex/gex/utx, weather and the rest, it took a considerable amount of time optimizing and balancing out settings.  And there was always some situation you would run into, like a heavy thunderstorm that would send you back to optimizing.   Hopefully with P3D it will be easier to find that sometimes delicate balance, but this is only the beginning, so I think much remains to be seen once people really want to push things up against the limits of their hardware, allowing for as little overhead as necessary.  So the statement "doesn't require any tweaking" is a statement that can really mean whatever the person saying it wants it to mean.

Well, if the original comment was made in relation to FSX it's worth noting you can likely do exactly the same with FSX. When I installed it on my current system, it ran the default Cessna at close to 50 fps on a virgin vanilla install. At that point it could genuinely be said "requires no tweaking" But that was only the beginning. When it came down to getting it running at a steady 30 fps with a heavy PMDG plane, rex/gex/utx, weather and the rest, it took a considerable amount of time optimizing and balancing out settings. And there was always some situation you would run into, like a heavy thunderstorm that would send you back to optimizing. If one wants to get the very best out of what their hardware can provide then it takes work, and while hopefully P3D is easier than FSX to find that balance, it doesn't look like it's zero effort. So the statement "this sim doesn't require any tweaking" can really mean whatever the person saying it wants it to mean.

We can say the same thing in every respect. This is why people should make their own opinions and others should stop trying to convince fellow members of the need to emulate "their" way.

I am running Orbx YMML with heavy weather, the Aerosoft Airbus, FTX Global, and a few other things, have not touched my sim and I get 45 fps. So what? I would be happy with 20fps. The fps no longer matter, it just runs smooth as silk. Hope others can also enjoy.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Gotcha, I have never run FSX so all these comparisons are lost me. With all the doom and gloom I feel like an outlier having a well performing install with an older system.

I do have ORBX PNW and a Ceranado C185 now, I get a pretty good fps hit in cities with the scenery. Nothing that would make me dig into a cfg file tho. I fly mainly bush, and get similar performance with the scenery.

Just relaying my experience with P3D since that is where my interests lie.

One thing we are in agreement on WR269 is that people should make their own opinions. But my thoughts are that I'm not going to go about my transition into P3D thinking that it's bliss in a box that renders obsolete this fine art known as "tweaking" or as I would rather call it, "optimizing".  I'd rather just be flying, and so I hope that it proves easier to balance things out than was FSX over the long term when you add in lots and lots of heavy addons, and more responsive to expensive hardware upgrades, but I'm not counting on it.  I'm guessing I'll be doing mostly what I do in FSX:  Setting things up with the heaviest plane I have in the heaviest setting I think I'm ever going to encounter and then tuning for a minimum acceptable frame rate/smoothness/image quality balance, and I realistically expect it to take time to home in on that.  Hoping to spend less time in the .cfg, but we'll see how it goes and what proves to be necessary over the coming months as the body of knowledge builds up and as LMC rolls in changes.

Gotcha, I have never run FSX so all these comparisons are lost me. With all the doom and gloom I feel like an outlier having a well performing install with an older system.

I do have ORBX PNW and a Ceranado C185 now, I get a pretty good fps hit in cities with the scenery. Nothing that would make me dig into a cfg file tho. I fly mainly bush, and get similar performance with the scenery.

Just relaying my experience with P3D since that is where my interests lie.

Yeah, I think it's just a matter of defining how far one wants to take it and their own usage preferences.  You can always add on more "stuff" or push those settings out to the point that it will eventually burden things down, and that's where the optimization and tweaking comes in.  One of my problems in flight simulation, and I doubt it's limited to me, is that as soon as I achieve a performance goal, I always think "hmm, I'll bet I can push that slider just a liiiitle bit more to the right" "just a feeew more AI planes at those gates.."