Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Which Beech Bonanza works under Windows 7

Hi,

my Dreamfleet Bonanza seems to be the only plane which works absolutely not under my new Win7 system. No gauges at all, no engine start possible, corrupt sound. Very sad! I need replacement.

As Carenado is on offer at simmarket, does their old Bonanza V35 for FS2004 work under Win7? Win7 compatibility is specified for the new F33, but unfortunately not for the V-tail. Of course it's outdated a little, nevertheless I'm interested.

Thanks,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Which Dreamfleet Bonanza do you have? The RXP version or the other one? The RXP gauges do fail to work, but otherwise, the plane is still nice in Win7x64. Perhaps your installer is corrupted?

I would strongly recommend the the Carenado F33. It's a fine aircraft, one of their better FS9 planes as far as modelling accuracy and FDE go. Plus, it's on sale (70% off) at their website. Although their V35 for FS9 WAS state-of-the-art in 2003 when it was released, that was back in 2003. Get it now or never - you may decide that even at 70% off, it's overpriced. Or you may love it. It is More than a little dated... but it will work flawlessly in Win7x64. Absolutely flawlessly.

Hi,

my Dreamfleet Bonanza seems to be the only plane which works absolutely not under my new Win7 system. No gauges at all, no engine start possible, corrupt sound. Very sad! I need replacement.

As Carenado is on offer at simmarket, does their old Bonanza V35 for FS2004 work under Win7? Win7 compatibility is specified for the new F33, but unfortunately not for the V-tail. Of course it's outdated a little, nevertheless I'm interested.

Thanks,

Harald

Never had an issue with it in fact I have their F33,V35,and A36. In FSX and prepar3d V2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hi,

My Carenado V35 works fine with Win 7 64, but yes, it's a little outdated by todays standard. Still flies well though.

Warren

At first let me thank you all for your feedback.

Which Dreamfleet Bonanza do you have? The RXP version or the other one? The RXP gauges do fail to work, but otherwise, the plane is still nice in Win7x64. Perhaps your installer is corrupted?

Hi,

I have indeed the RXP version, but I had problems with these gauges already under XP, so I made a "vintage" version without any RXP gauge. Thats's why the first step after installing the plane under Win7 was to replace the new installed version by my RXP-less version. Nevertheless, it showed up without any gauge at all, I could not start her and the sound was stuttering. Furthermore, the configuration panel didn't work - it showed up but I could not press any button.

I don't believe my installer is corrupted, as I have a boxed version bought from Aerosoft. And I did run it as administrator. However, Aerosoft states that this version is for WinXP only.

It's good to know now that the old V35 works under Win7. With this huge discount, I can imagine to buy both the V35 and the F33 and decide what fits better.

As I understand, the V35 looks particularly old with her VC and interior. But I'm a 2D panel flyer so that hurts me not as much as the fact that the F33 has no 2D panel.

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Problem solved. A reinstall without activated anti virus software did it.

Thanks!

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

The V35 seems a little too sprightly to me, although I know they were a nimble beast. I bought the RXP WAAS 430/530 and FLT and FLN gauges to get the Dreamfleet birds (A36, B58, Archer III and Dakota) back in  the air in Win 7 x64. Expensive when I did it a couple of years ago, but worth it IMHO to get my Dreamfleet birds back in the air. Always were my favourite GAs in FS9's heyday. Shame how Dreamfleet (Lou) just walked away without any explanation or farewells.

I blame Airbus-XP (was that it's name?).  :lol:

Cheers, SLuggy

Hi Harald,

I use the RXP Dreamfleet Bonanza under Win7x64 all the time - the only gage I needed to replace was the GNS430 with the GNS430W - all is good...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Ahhhh ! Those were/are the days!

Forked tail Bonanza, RealAir Scout and SIA-Marchetti, Georender scenery, ActiveSky, RXP (smooth gauges at last) and a degree of innocence.. Punch a hole in the sky and be done with it.

Now it takes me 40 minutes to just start the engines. PFPX, FSGRW, Topcat, Navigraph Chart 4, Ground Environment Pro, Multi Crew Experience, Radar Contact or Pro Flight Emulator on whim, FsRAAS, TrackIR etc.etc. What a bloody chore.  It may be 'as real as it gets' but I'm not getting PAID for it.  :lol:

Most of us who do it for a living aren't really getting paid for it either. 

So the simulation is complete... :biggrin:

Lee Adams

JAFO

Hi to all,

let me thank you for your nice comments.
Appliance, funny enough I took the other way - once I attended a course to bring a Tu-134's engines to work, now - even after I solved my problem with the DF Bonanza - I used Carenados discount campaign and bought the old V-Tail model - just because I like it.
But you're right, all these applications running beside FS2004 at once... Maybe they did bring my WinXP - what I hoped to use on for some time initially - onto its knees.
Until now, FS2004 works really fine under FS2004 with two exceptions: FSHotSFX works no longer, and the kneebord won't work together with DFs 727. I'm learning to do without it now.

727 and the Bonanza. It's hard to believe thet these models are almost ten years old.

I use the RXP Dreamfleet Bonanza under Win7x64 all the time - the only gage I needed to replace was the GNS430 with the GNS430W - all is good...

Hi Scott,

I replaced this gauge long ago as it made problems already under WinXP. I use a more vintage panel configuration with the KI-525 HSI (by D. Maquor, I believe) and without RXP instruments.
Now since I reinstalled the Bonanza with antivirus software disabled, "all is good" with my Bonanza, too.

Best regards,
Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Folks,

Glad it's working for you Harald - I still fly all four pretty regularly - and - some of the best we've ever seen in FS9... Carenado's stuff just doesn't stack up...

;)

Just what I know on Lou - not sure why he left MSFS - but - he did own the Dakota modeled by Dreamfleet... Very nice plane - he wound up selling it - but - I still see it at KMGJ once in a while... He bought a Centurian after the Dakota that he really liked - I believe he had a partner - and - spoke of flying it for a few years (on AOPA) - he dropped off for a bit as he moved from NJ to FL - I think he lives around Boca Raton now... Not sure what he's doing for a plane these days...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7