Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Flashing precipitation fix

I just installed ASN and noticed some horrible flashing which turned out to be the starting and stopping of precipitation (snow in this case).  Over at HiFi forums they recommended the fix posted below.  I have applied it and it did work but I want to make sure I did not undo anything from the Fixer.  Can anyone confirm?

-------------------------------------------------------

Fixing FSX Cloulds Pop\Flashing In and Out of scenes

Go to this folder, FSX\ShadersHLSL\misc

a file called SwarmCloud.fx. Make a backup copy 

open with notepad

Change value below TRUE to FALSE
bool NewMaterialUsage = FALSE;

Go to 
C:\documents & settings\<your username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders\Misc

backup misc contents

Only empty the content of Misc, don't delete all shaders folder

Ps: This fix is courtesy of Mike (haldir) over at AVSIM

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

This is the DX9 fix, Mark, so I think that it wouldn't be touched by the Fixer.

The DX10 SwarmCloud file is "SwarmCloud40.fx"

FWIW - I believe that Water=6 will stop that happening, too, after that being initiated by using UsePools=0 in the [bufferPools] section of the cfg.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Correcto...  :wink:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

It doesn't matter anyway Mark, as you said (in the first post) the SwarmCloud fix worked.. didn't it?