Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Ink blue screen with sweetfx

I'm wondering if anyone else has an issue with sweetfx v1.5.1 where upon installing this version I get the fsx screen looking completely dark ink blue and have read that turning on SMAA in the settings file eliminates the problem which it does but in doing so doesn't it mess up the AA? I'm running Steve's DX10 fixer which is fabulous so with all the AA choice's with DX10 to get it right does it mess with it by turning SMAA on in sweetfx, hopeing someone can enlighten me on a fix or just revert back to sweetfx V1.4.

Cheers Rod.

Hi Rod... taken from Adi's post a few weeks back - Start FSX in the Windoed mode, with the SweetFX_settings.txt on the side, open up the SweetFX_settings.txt and turn OFF all of the features ("0") and leave ON ("1") 'LIFT GAMMA GAIN' only.

Throw in the following values:

1.0 / 1.0 / 1.0

1.5 / 1.5 / 1.5

1.5 / 1.5 / 1.5

Then change your screen from windowed to fullscreen.... Let there be light!

He also quotes a night-time set of numbers:-  (but they might work for day, too - I can't remember)

1.0 / 2.25 / 1.15

Input each, three times per row, from top to bottom.

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul, thanks for the advise and performed that excersize but the gamma range or should I say the technicolour was so strong it looked more like a negative photo and when I turned Lift-Gamma-Gain off it reverted back to the dark ink colour again so I'm slightly confused as to what to do, but with sweetfx disabled the AA is great.

Cheers Rod.

Yeah - I'm not too enthused with Sweet for regular use, Rod - except for creating b & w pics. Never saw anything in ENB either.

You have to play with the options which modify color hue, which modify saturation, which modifies bloom, and that which modifies contrast and brightness, and don't even touch the Vignette, Technicolor and the other odd-ball components.  It works very well, and certainly will bring out the more vibrant colors of Europe. I don't touch any AA - preferring to use Inspector for FXAA if I'm in the mood.

Regards,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul, as I've been using SFX for a long while now especially with DX9 and ever since DX10 fixer was released but did a few stint's last nite without it and just using bare DX10 and found that the AA is so much better and must admit that bare DX10 is most likely the way to go just need to get used to not useing SFX so on the fence as to which looks better but do feel that I'm falling over to bare DX10, again many thanks.

Cheers Rod.