Sign in to follow this  
BiBaBu

GNS430 GPS Terrain Map needed

I've just purchased the B58, and the first surprise was, that there is no Terrain button on the GNS430 GPS, therefore no map profile to see mountains heights ahead. This is really disappointing, because I love flying the Baron over mountains and valleys with real weather download. That means if you're surprised by a weather front without a terrain mapping, you're dead!

Now I had the same problem with Milviz B55, but they had a patch solution, and it's working good. I really wish CARENADO has also a solution for, because this is my first purchase there, and hope the support have a nice solution gift - it's Christmas time anyhow

Thanks

Reality is a nice unit but beware you can not import a plan into it. You will have to manually enter each plan

ZORAN

Many who purchase th Carenado aicraft use the RealityXP GNS in them. Its not free but fully functional.

http://www.reality-xp.com/flightsim/gns430/index.html

Yes, I know this product already, but this Add-On would be displayed as 2D instrument I believe. Since I use TrackIR I love to keep it real and use the embedded 3D GPS.

If its software replace it automatically in all other FSX planes too where there's one, then I'm interested. But I couldn't find any reference to that on their Website.

is it as 2D or 3D replaced instrument - can you confirm that please? 

It can be somewhat easily installed in the VC. I have it in my VC.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you by somewhat or somehow that I have to do that manually by making appropriate amendments in some lua files?

Reality is a nice unit but beware you can not import a plan into it. You will have to manually enter each plan

Just now saw this post from 12/11/2013.  While this statement may be true, you can go the other way as the Reality XP units have a feature that once an flight plan is entered into the RXP unit it can export the flight plan in FSX format and then you can load that FSX flight plan into FSX.  Then you have the same flight plan active in FSX and in the RXP unit.  You can also save up to 19 flight plans in each RXP (say you have a 430 and a 530).  You can cross fill between them if you have them.

I am in a mid-Atlantic state in the USA and because I am close to the Atlantic coast I fly mostly to the south and west.  I have found that I use the same Victor airways often, so I have stored several plans along those V routes that I can easily in an RXP unit such copy a route to an empty RXP flight plan number, then edit the front and back ends of that plan to match my departure and destination.  Makes it quick and easy, and again I export them to an FSX flight plan file, then Load the FSX plan into FSX.  Works great.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere