Sign in to follow this  
Lude2Envy

Networked Installation

Hi Ian,

Glad to hear everything worked okay for you. Yes, RC4 does have that problem. It can often still monitor your position and issue commands. If you have 'Otto' on comms then you should still be able to complete a flight unless you need to request any changes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ian,

Glad to hear everything worked okay for you. Yes, RC4 does have that problem. It can often still monitor your position and issue commands. If you have 'Otto' on comms then you should still be able to complete a flight unless you need to request any changes.

The first time it happened I noticed the controller was still giving me instructions but I didn't have auto reply on so I couldn't acknowledge anything. I was still in my climb and I usually don't put "Otto" on until i'm finally cleared up to my cruising altitude. 

I switch him on as soon as I'm given take-off clearance. Now that you have a WideFS setup you might be interested in a LUA file I uploaded yesterday - VAS_Monitor.zip. You'll find it in the FSX Utility section in AvSim library.

It gives you a instantaneous readout of remaining VAS so you can judge if you need to save and reload a flight before the dreaded OOM occurs. It also displays the current fps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Nothing to do with the topic. But I never realised that it is you who is frequently telling me off for not reacting quickly enough.

I will now have far more respect instead of telling the damned controller to get lost (or worse).

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Ray,

Nothing to do with the topic. But I never realised that it is you who is frequently telling me off for not reacting quickly enough.

I will now have far more respect instead of telling the damned controller to get lost (or worse).

:biggrin: I often wonder where in the world my dulcet tones are obeyed (or not!). I occasionally experience me telling myself off which is quite strange. Is self-abuse normal? :LMAO:

I trust that now you know what I look like you'll behave yourself more often Ian. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guys is there a tutorial or a wiki step-by-step on how to install RC4 over network?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Guys is there a tutorial or a wiki step-by-step on how to install RC4 over network?

Install WideFS on the client

Install Radar Contact on the client

Install Showtext on the client

If your network is set up ok  there is not much more to it.

If you get stuck just ask for help here.

Thankyou very much, it's very kind of you.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270