Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

Strange C90B problem

For some reason I can't enable window reflections. Everything else in the options menu works fine, ice / rain effects on the windshield are fine, just the window reflections don't work.

Also I can't find any mention of the problem anywhere else so I have a horrible feeling it's just me... :unsure:

Any ideas?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

No idea, mine are working perfect, switch them on and off to my hearts content from the options menu.

Sorry you didn't want to hear that.

Trevor Golding

Yes. That's exactly the kind of post I didn't want. :mad: :lol:

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Sorry, disregard, as with everything else in life, a reboot seems to have solved it:)

Scotchegg, to put your mind at ease, it has to do with precipitation.  Due to the way in which the rain effects have been implemented, it had to be an either-or scenario.  With no precipitation, you have control over window reflections.  Reflections have to be disabled to draw the rain.

Ah, that makes sense! When I first loaded the plane it was raining. Good information to know.

Great plane btw :wub:

Good, great, stable, close to RL figures according to the DOCs - a must have :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

JComm! You're a mod! Very good!

For some reason I can't enable window reflections. Everything else in the options menu works fine, ice / rain effects on the windshield are fine, just the window reflections don't work.

Also I can't find any mention of the problem anywhere else so I have a horrible feeling it's just me... :unsure:

Any ideas?

Scotch, how do you like it? I'm also thinking of jumping in on the great xmas prices...

Mitch

JComm! You're a mod! Very good!

"Uh oh...this might mean our posts might get uninstalled, and then an hour later, reinstalled....uh oh... :)))))

Jcomm, you might fall asleep at the wheel in here, for this is about the most behaved and polite usage forum on Avsim. Enjoy the designation. I was a Mod a few years ago around 1998-2000, and enjoyed helping Tom out with the day to day. The work to run this great site is unbelievale to be sure.

Only had a quick play so far but I like it; crisp visuals (I think texture resolution is higher than other models?) nice rain effect on the windshield, and the sounds are very good.

It's not on sale but it's definitely worth the money.

Only had a quick play so far but I like it; crisp visuals (I think texture resolution is higher than other models?) nice rain effect on the windshield, and the sounds are very good.

It's not on sale but it's definitely worth the money.

Thanks... will certainly give it a view.

If I may chip in, this plane is a MUST have.

It is currently my favourite turboprop ... I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't get a flying fix in the C90B once every 12 hours ^_^