Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Isle Of Man - Help Needed (No Support from Earth Sims)

Hi,

I'm hoping some kind soul will be in a position to help me with this one.

I have purchased and installed (into Prepar3D v1.4) the wonderfully detailed Isle Of Man scenery from Earth Simulations. This is a huge download (>10GB) managed by their ESI Product Management Software, but despite my sub par download speeds, courtesy of British Telecom, it completed successfully after about 14 hours! Perhaps not surprisingly I discovered a couple of coastline anomalies which appear to be missing or corrupt bgls.

I contacted Earth Simulations and received a very prompt reply requesting a top down view oriented at 360 degrees to help identify the missing bgls. And that's the last I've heard from them!!

Since then I've written to them on several occasions and each time have receive an automated reply:

"Thank you for your recent enquiry. We aim to respond within 48 hours but at busy periods please be patient. If we have not replied within 72 hours please feel free to give us a prod.

Kindest regards
Darren & Vikki
"

They have now received several 'prods' and each time the above response is generated.  Clearly this was getting me nowhere so I decided to run a Repair from within their ESI Product Management Software. Again this took several hours to complete, but I see there has been an improvement:

I do have to say that while the products from Earth Simulations are top notch - I have several Treescapes Volumes installed and also the beautiful Isles Of Scilly - their level of support offered is virtually non-existent. This is extremely disappointing and now I'm wondering, quite seriously, whether purchasing any more of their products is really worth the risk.

Anyway, the reason for this post is to ask whether any of you have installed the Isle Of Man? If so, and you have the necessary knowledge to identify that remaining missing bgl or bgls (there may be more than one covering this area), I wonder whether you would be prepared to send them to me, please?

I don't think that Earth Simulations can complain as their lack of support provision has encouraged the creation of this post... and I did warn them that I might do this if there was no help forthcoming.

Thanks.

Mike

How have you contacted them, Mike? I can't see any forum threads regarding this problem, but maybe you used the Help Desk (or contacted them via email)? Maybe try sending a PM direct to Darren? Is your username "Cruachan" on the ES forum? If so, I could try to contact Darren myself to see if that would help......

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christopher,

Yes, I contacted them initially via their Help Desk and subsequently via email to Vikki. And, yes, my username is 'Cruachan', but I haven't posted there as yet as the activity and response rate on their forum is also not very encouraging. Thank you for your offer of help. If you can give them another nudge for me I would be very grateful. I fulfilled Vikki's request for that initial top down view by replying to her email, l but all I got in return was that automated response.

KInd regards,

Mike

Hi Christopher,

Result!

Thank you very much indeed! Your intervention has produced the desired result:

Vikki responded very quickly and apologetically. Both she and Darren are currently exposed to intolerable pressures which has resulted in these Support delays. Not really their fault and they are working out solutions to these issues. They are both trying their very best to cope with their Website, Sales, Support, and Product Development. Knowing this now I can well understand how these delays have occurred and have apologised accordingly for adding needlessly to these pressures.

Thank you again for your help. It's greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Mike

Great result, Mike. Darren and Vikki really are two very nice people, so I suspected that it was because they were snowed under with work. I just hope that they are not working too hard. Nothing is more important than your own health....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This is what this community is supposed to be like.

Civilized, well mannered, and most importantly, helpful whenever possible.

:Applause:

Waleed N

I too have had dealings with Darren and I've always found him to be most helpful.

Phil Murfin

Yep Earth Sims is a little team but with BIG sceneries :) I think we all have to remember that developers are often 1 or 2 people teams and aren't all the corporate monsters like OrbX :P Glad you got your issues resolved courtesy of the very kind Chris Low....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png