Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

FSX and Flightbeam Scenery

Hi please can anyone advise

I have FSX Gold Edition with acceleration, using PMDG B737NGX

I just downloaded Flightbeam's KSFO scenery for FSX and its a total nightmare, it has acted like a virus on my computer scrambling my scenery and also when I try to fly too and from any other airports I have it ruines everything

I have completely uninstalled it and still if i make a flight and try and alter anything on my toolbar, weather, gates anything then either the scenery is an unrecognizable jumble or airframe can be seen or screen blackens out,and its the end of the flight

I wonder if anyone else has purchased this product and has had any problems and may suggest a solution.

I haven't uninstalled my FSX or PMDG yet, i'm still so angry and sick this product has ruined my flight sim.

I have contacted Flightbeam Studios and waiting for advice, but hope someone here can help me restore my FSX

Many Thanks

Richard

My specs are;

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bits

CPU Intel i5 4670

16GBs

Graphics NVIDIA  Ge Force

GTX 760 2 GB

Hard Disk SSD 120GBS

:

I have all there airport and there installed in FSX and P3D. No problems at all.

Sorry. Sounds like a re-install of fsx to me. But before you do delete you config and let it build a new one. sometimes that fixes a lot of problems.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I also have all of FlightBeam studios airports installed and have had zero issues with them.

Maybe you can describe in more detail what exactly your problem is. Are you getting a CTD? Did you change anything in your CFG?

Hi can't add more I personally haven't altered my CFG  screen blacks out scenery is scrambled and even after it was totally unistalled it has left this effect on all my other flights, i'll run a virus check never ever had this problem prior to this install

Thanks

Richard

I've certainly never heard of this happening to any customer. Also, I can assure you there is no "virus", if that were the case we'd be out of business. There's nothing that alters other airports, other aircraft, etc. 

It sounds like your CFG is corrupted. Back it up, and remove it from it's location to allow FSX to rebuild a new CFG, and see if the problem persists. 

You can follow-up with our support email, since I don't check the forums here too often. 

Richard - I had to read your post several times before I "think" that I understand your issue. To me it sounds like artifacting - graphic spikes, big triangles, lines flashing all over the screen.

Please put your system specs and cpu speed (overclock?) in your profile, so that it appears under your Avatar. Then - copy and rename your fsx.cfg to "Richard_fsx.txt", and attach it to a reply, using the "More Reply Options" (bottom-right). Follow that by posting a screenshot of your Inspector settings, please!

No-one here is a mind-reader, guessing is time-wasting, and the only way anyone can give you a decent answer - is when you show us how your system is configured.  - OK!

Thanks,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I bought KIAD last week..no issues, awesome performance and realism. Sounds like maybe you have some pirated software in your fsx install or other area in your PC,lolol.  I had a friend with these issues because he had some pirated software in his computer.

Thans PJ sorry for the big words, I wouldn't want to make you think too hard !

i'll concentrate on the relies that read my message and offered some non sarcastic advice, but thanks anyway.. priceless!

Richard

Hi Guys thanks for the advice, looks like i'll be spending a day deleting and reinstalling my FSX, airports and all manner of other things, and praying that works, but thanks for the kind inputs guys much appreciated !

Thans PJ sorry for the big words, I wouldn't want to make you think too hard !

i'll concentrate on the relies that read my message and offered some non sarcastic advice, but thanks anyway.. priceless!

Richard

That is uncalled for Richard. If you only knew what support Paul provides on the Avsim forums, you would think again about what you just posted.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

well before you dance to his defence look how he has responded to my call for help, hope you had better luck and attutude from him.

Flightbeam has their own support forums.  You have a unique issue on your system and it clearly is going to take a lot of time and effort to work out.  I suggest you get in touch with Mir as he suggested.

DJ

well before you dance to his defence look how he has responded to my call for help, hope you had better luck and attutude from him.

Paul was simply suggesting an OOM, but to nail it he requested some configuration info from you and for you to reset your fsx.cfg to a more conservative condition.

Looks like the best piece of advice in your thread so far.   B)

Do you have HIGHMEMFIX in your cfg? You said you haven't touched your cfg so probably not.

It sounds like video card overheating too.

Also, it never hurts to flush your scenery cache and your facilities cache in your ProgramData folder.   Also, let FSX rebuild your shaders folders in your Appdata folder.    This has fixed CTDs and glitches for me in the past and I consider it basic FSX maintenance with a lot of add-ons running.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I tried  placing the FSX Config somwhere else and deleting the folder there that didn't change the situation except now I've lost all my PMDG liveries looks like a stab in the dark and waste a day uninstalling and Installing FSX again would take forever trying to guess and do an autopsy on every aspect of my computer, FSX so i'll see if a reinstall will rid the effects of the flightbeam KSFO

download and see what happens.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions very helpful 

Richard