Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

FSX and Flightbeam Scenery

I tried placing the FSX Config somwhere else and deleting the folder there that didn't change the situation except now I've lost all my PMDG liveries looks like a stab in the dark and waste a day uninstalling and Installing FSX again would take forever trying to guess and do an autopsy on every aspect of my computer, FSX so i'll see if a reinstall will rid the effects of the flightbeam KSFO

download and see what happens.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions very helpful

Richard

Hello Richard, it may be worth a try going back to a system restore point. That point being before you installed KSFO (regardless of whether you have already uninstalled FSX). At least if something crept in during some download, this may get rid of it.

I have to say though, I very much doubt it is the KSFO software, I have been using this (and other FB airports) with no issues (related to FB that is).

Regards,

P.S. Paul is offering good advice (as always), putting your system specs in your profile is very helpful to people trying to help.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I tried  placing the FSX Config somwhere else and deleting the folder there that didn't change the situation except now I've lost all my PMDG liveries looks like a stab in the dark and waste a day uninstalling and Installing FSX again would take forever trying to guess and do an autopsy on every aspect of my computer, FSX so i'll see if a reinstall will rid the effects of the flightbeam KSFO

download and see what happens.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions very helpful 

Richard

You're liveries will still be there. I you have a new CFG file, you have to tick 'show all liveries' in the aircraft selection window again.

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Thank you for your kind words of support, gentlemen. I do my best for each and everyone whom I think I can help, and in this case I apologize to Constantine for my poor choice of words, being unaware that they may cause him discomfort. I can only now trust that another, perhaps more gracious, or polite person shall come along and assist our friend in his hour of need. 

It is often said that true wisdom comes from being aware of one's own ignorance.

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul,

Spoken like a true gentleman that you are!!

regards,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It's all an act, Carl! In real life I kick cats and dogs, I spit, swear, drink, pillage now and then, bit o' smuggling on the side, take money from the collection box, beat up old ladies - you don't know the half of it...   B)

(ps your cheque's in the mail)

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Gosh Paul,

There you go again trying to make up for being so Good.  Maybe here in the States you may have some pictures in our neighborly post offices.  

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello,

I just purchased Flightbeam's KSFO last month during the sale and have had no problems at all with the

NGX at KSFO using REX cloud textures, default FSX scenery, set at unlimited FPS.

My system and cfg has been modified following MATT DAVIES 2013 youtube FSX Tweaking Guide.

Note, my FSX folder is on the C: drive. (i.e. C:FSX)

If this is helpful:

My specs:

FSX GOLD with Acceleration:

Windows 7, 64

i7 Overclocked

EVGA GTX 780 3bg

8 gb RAM 2133 mhz

B.

Hope you figure out the problem, and I feel your pain. Personally, I would check out the mentioned youtube tweaking guide.

Maybe it is something with your cfg.

Hi Kuragiman  thanks for the advice will flush my scenery cache and do a total reinstall thankfully not so many airports etc to

reinstall, though a reinstall of FSX failed to resolve the problem, you mention  let fsx rebuild the shaders folders in Appdata

how is that process achieved is it merely removing the shaders folders to a new location

many thanks

Richard

I've got Flightbeam scenery for their two other airports, one thing I had to do was manually use the add-on manager to input the serial numbers for activation, symptoms pre activation was simply that buildings at the airport were invisible. I know it seems a silly question but did you use the add-on manager to see what status your scenery was at, demo or live?

Hi Iain

Thanks for the response, yes i started with the demo then went to the add on manager later which said the airport was activated, it's the problems thereafter to all other scenery i'm trying to resolve now since uninstalling the KSFO.

Many Thanks

Richard

Hi Kuragiman  thanks for the advice will flush my scenery cache and do a total reinstall thankfully not so many airports etc to

reinstall, though a reinstall of FSX failed to resolve the problem, you mention  let fsx rebuild the shaders folders in Appdata

how is that process achieved is it merely removing the shaders folders to a new location

many thanks

Richard

You can do that.   Just get rid of the data in that folder one way or the other.  I tend to just move it all to the recycle bin and will keep it there until I know that the new shader build is working right.   If it messes up (has not happened yet) I just restore the folder from the recycle bin.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy