Sign in to follow this  
hohenaus000

PMDG 737 NGX Windows 7 Compatability with SP1, SP2, etc.

Because I have to have either Service Pack 1, Service Pack 2, or Acceleration installed, do I need to play the PMDG 737 NGX on the Acceleration Pack, or can I just run it on regular FSX, or deluxe edition? 

Minimum

OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (latest service packs), Flight Simulator X with SP2 or Acceleration installed.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD equivalent
RAM: 2GB if only running the NGX, 4GB if running other addons (scenery, traffic etc)
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512MB of video memory (examples: Nvidia 8800GT, AMD/ATI Radeon 4870)

Best Performance

Processor: Intel Core i5 or i7 (Sandy Bridge core) or better
RAM: 4GB+
Video Card: Nvidia GTX560 Ti, 570 or 580 with 1GB+ of video memory or better
Monitor: Widescreen 1920x1080+

PMDG *highly* recommends the use of 64-bit versions of Windows due to memory limitations in FSX.

From the PMDG product page...

DJ

Yes I know that you need either Flight Simulator X with SP2 or Acceleration installed, but can you play on the deluxe edition if you go with the Acceleration idea or do you have to play on acceleration? What I am saying is, can you just simply have Acceleration installed on your computer or do you have to actually play Acceleration? 

You have to have either SP2 or Acceleration installed on top of the Deluxe Version.  If you just have SP2, then you need to install the Deluxe, then SP1, then SP2.  Then install the 737NGX and go fly.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So installing the Deluxe Version is first no matter what, and then you install your service packs, OR install the Deluxe version first, and then install Acceleration? Or maybe I might as well install everything, and just play on the Deluxe version? Sorry for the multitude of questions, but one more thing, when I install the 737NGX, does it go under a certain version, or can you run it on any version?

So installing the Deluxe Version is first no matter what, and then you install your service packs, OR install the Deluxe version first, and then install Acceleration? Or maybe I might as well install everything, and just play on the Deluxe version? Sorry for the multitude of questions, but one more thing, when I install the 737NGX, does it go under a certain version, or can you run it on any version?

First install Deluxe Version, then Acceleration, I believe SP1 is included in Acceleration DVD when you do that so you don't need to install SP1 separately. 

Acceleration isn't a separate simulator, after installing it every time you launch your FSX you will be also automatically using Acceleration. 

You can install the 737NGX after installing the Acceleration on top of FSX, it will install just normally to your FSX directory. 

If you have the Deluxe and Acceleration, then you first install the Deluxe, run it at least one time, then install Acceleration.  Acceleration contains SP1 and it IS SP2 only specially coded.  Here is one sample of installing FSX - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx.  Just make sure you run it at least one time after each Deluxe and Acceleration is installed. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10