Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

P3D V2 Straw Poll

No, refunded.. Went back to FSX

But. I'm extremely dedicated to supporting it. Soon as I feel its at least as stable as 1.4 was (hopefully the next version) I'll move back. My time with FSX right now is more like "one last dance" before I move on. I miss 1.4 but wanted to take the old ball and chain out on one last date

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I'm solely using V2, but am thinking of running FSX alongside it again until more products are native p3dv2

100% P3D2. FSX simply can't do the things that it can on my system, particularly with photoscenery.

P3D V2 almost exclusively. Last night I fired up FSX for the first time in a couple of weeks and was amazed at how poorly it performed in comparison - not that I wasn't aware of that to begin with, but the side-by-side comparison really brought home how my FSX struggles.  I'll be happier when I can get P3D past the testing phase and go back to straight flying - that'll require a revision or two, and the availability of more addons.  But until then, I'm happier working with it as it is than I am trying to get FSX to fly.  

P3D 2.0. The one and only. Looking really forward to the upcoming patch(es) though...!!!

Hardly using P3D at the moment. FSX is still my main sim and will be until developers start using the new code to its full advantage. Hope that is sooner rather than later!

- Bill Magann

100% P3D2 despite all the issues/bugs. FSX or P3D1 for that fact are hogs regarding my machine specs.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

I cannot go back to FSX.  P3D performs way better and looks significanlty more realistic.

P3D is my primary and XPX is secondary.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I use FSX only with the VRS TacPack combat simulator add on. Else, just P3d2. No XP10 or P3d 1.4. There is no compelling reason to use them anymore.

100% P3D v2,

That being said I do miss the job system from MS Flight. It is simple and adds a ton of replay value for me when I don't have any direction but want a "meaningful" flight. I may start playing around with the mission creation system to try to see if I can capture some of that.