Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

P3D V2 Straw Poll

Prepar3d v2.0 is much better.  Not gone back to FSX.   Been using that and Aerosoft Airbus X Extended with it.  Plus all my FSX add-ons for the most part.  Once and awhile I get an oom message; 15-20% of flights,  it warns you at least.  You can save game and come back.  Hope they get the water fixed stat and the get invidia inspector to work properly sometime soonish if they can :)  Miss some decent AA.

Simon

FSX reinstalled and P3Dv2 binned, having given it one more (long) go today. LM and 3rd party devs have much to do to make this truly viable, and its going to need some take up to make it worthwhile for all concerned.

At this point I can get FSX looking (building and cockpit shadows aside) and running better, with greater stability and all the addons I want, so its a no brainer. I'm well beyond the myth of the need for constant tweaking with FSX - I use four cfg entries, and the tweaking is done and dusted.

I will keep an eye on development, but I am not obsessed with having a 'new' platform, that in reality changes very-very little; scenery, environment and aircraft are not going to look much, if any, different under P3D.. a revolution it ain’t sadly, which is very dissapointing.

95% P3D 2.0. I jump into FSX for comparisons. They are equally as smooth and FSX works with more add-on aircraft, but P3D is so visually appealing to me, I can deal with its bugs. Firing up FSX cause me to instantly miss the DX11 features in P3D...and it's a no brainer for me too.   

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

fsx until the pmdg 777 issue is sorted.. and I have some leave in January to spend a week reinstalling everything all over again

14ppkc-6.png

I have been able to get the Duke 60 running good on P3D and will be getting rid of FSX when the next Patch or two comes along for P3D. Looks like it is the thing to go with.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

98% FSX, 2% P3Dv2.

I was initially thinking that I'd be able to make the switch, but no.  For me to be able to convert I require 100% compatible add-ons, not just add-ons which natively point to the P3Dv2 file system.

When FTX Global becomes 100% compatible (no white boxes, no texture issues), the percentages will likely change.  And as the FTX regions become native to P3Dv2, and the various FTX Global landclass and vector add-ons become available, I'll likely be able to reassess which my primary platform will be.

That said, I do think P3Dv2 will be the future.  I just think it's not quite there yet.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'll never have a single Flight Simulator -- if that's what you mean by "sole"?

First: P3DV2

Second: FSX

Third: XP10

As more 3rd support and updates for existing products becomes available and LM release updates to P3DV2, FSX will probably move from 2nd spot to 3rd spot.

Would like to use P3D but I need to call the exterminator and spray my PC.

Gave up trying till they fix/kill some bugs.

Will always keep both sims going (both are running smoothly for me now)

P3DV2 - for GA flying (now using 90% of time but will be 100% when ASN P3D comes out)

FSX with DX10 Scenery Fixer -  I will keep using for airline flying at least until 64-bit P3D released. Only then I may be tempted to pay the likely-to-be higher prices for 2nd copies of quality airliner, P3D-dedicated versions)

Rob

Robin Harris

P3DV2 100% like I said I uninstalled FSX long ago and never looked back.

Was "sim less" until P3DV2 released.
Yea i have prob over $300 in incompatible addons from FSX sitting on a hard drive,

but sometimes you gotta sacrafice for the next best thing.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Will always keep both sims going (both are running smoothly for me now)

P3DV2 - for GA flying (now using 90% of time but will be 100% when ASN P3D comes out)

FSX with DX10 Scenery Fixer -  I will keep using for airline flying at least until 64-bit P3D released. Only then I may be tempted to pay the likely-to-be higher prices for 2nd copies of quality airliner, P3D-dedicated versions)

Rob

True since all the addons will have to be redone once 64bit comes. I don't see a point in buying the PMDG 777 3 times.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Been using P3D  since the day it came out and haven't look back.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Not yet. I'm still getting random black screens and click spots have never worked. 

FSX, P3D v1, P3D v2 ..... why give up something what's quite good and there's plenty of space on PCs nowadays?

Spirit