Sign in to follow this  
autopilot

Is here any FSX Programmer who makes my B747 wheels like this?

Dave, that idea is great! That would also help avoid that people asking basic questions are being called trolls.

At least in AP's case, I am sure he is not a troll, he just seems to be the occasional simmer who pops in here to ask questions most of us regard as the "Simmer's general knowledge". However, and I stated that in the other recent thread too, it is not illegal to ask questions - that shows one wants to get more familiar with things, and therefore being called a troll is not really appropriate IMO. I have to admit, though, that it is probably not at all a good idea to ask for a 747 model with a proper landing gear animation (which the default one obviously lacks), and to show pictures that obviously show the T7 and not the 747.

I can also understand, if people don't want to answer such basic questions, and that it's possible to be irritated by similar topics in a very short time, but then again, such things happen with other topics, too (e.g. the old AI traffic question, but I've never seen anyone call someone else a troll for asking a question, which is being discussed in a thread just on the next forum page) - in that case simply don't bother to answer! But that is only my opinion, of course.

Anyway, for a more realistic landing gear, I'd - again - suggest to search for POSKY planes, either in the Avsim library, or at simviation - they got a really good number of different POSKY models, completely with VC, texture packs etc. And as far as I know, all most of the 747s work in FSX wihtout any trouble.

I was going to suggest that maybe the OP's threads to date would be better placed in the "Newbie" forum section, but then I looked and saw that there's doesn't seem to be such a section?  

(unless I'm just missing it.  There is a 'new to RW flight' section but not new to FS as far as I can see).

So maybe AVSIM could have a "New to Flight Simulation" section, where people could ask more basic or rudimentary questions, such as the OPs in this case?

Cheers.

There are already enough sub forums as it is.

No "newbie forum", pls. - this community is not the place to practice discrimination.   :wacko:

I can't see how it is discrimination Olli.   It's not about the person (the 'newbie') it's about the questions people who are new to the hobby need answers for.    I can't imagine people sneering into a "New to FS" section and laughing at silly questions .... (that's what potentially happens now, in the main FSX section :smile: ).

.... this would just be a 'right place' for those who are new to FS, to ask basic "starter for ten" style questions.

I bet there are perhaps a lot of people new to FS who are maybe afraid to ask basic or newbie questions in the main sections for fear of getting blasted out the building.            If new entrants to the hobby had a focussed section for that purpose, they wouldn't need to fear this.

Apparantly, us simmers are a diminishing bunch, so we should probably do a bit more to look after new entrants into the hobby, and make them feel welcome.

So in short ........... replace the word "Newbie" (which has negative connotations), with the word "New Entrants" and then I can't see any discrimination.

Everyone has to start somewhere.   :smile:

I refuse to take seriously anyone who asks how to put 777 wheels on a 747

I refuse to take seriously anyone who asks how to put 777 wheels on a 747

You have seriously misread the question then.

He is asking .. how do I get the undercarriage (wheels) on my 747 to do what 'this plane' does (insert picture of a 777).

In case it's still not clear ... the OP is referring to the gravity induced slant of the main landing gear when in the extended position as shown in the image he supplies ... I assume that the default 747 probably has wheels that hang @ a less realistic angle to the fuselage.

He is asking .. how do I get the undercarriage (wheels) on my 747 to do what 'this plane' does (insert picture of a 777).

In case it's still not clear ... the OP is referring to the gravity induced slant of the main landing gear when in the extended position as shown in the image he supplies ... I assume that the default 747 probably has wheels that hang @ a less realistic angle to the fuselage.

Back in the day, this was a feature that was touted on many add ons - "tilting bogies". Just like the good old "8 sided fuselage".

I'm pretty sure the SkySpirit 748 can be merged with the default VC. Now, can someone communicate this to the OP?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Further. There are more than likely people out there who would refuse to take us "simmers" or dare I say "gamers" seriously. So what does thay really matter?

Also. On the troll subject. This seems to be legit. I mean really? Someone trolling years later??? Talk About Patience.

Let's not take this so serious guys. We are here for fun/hobby like everyone else.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the SkySpirit 748 can be merged with the default VC

He doesn't want to merge another aircraft's VC with the default VC. That's a lot easier task. The one the OP requested might require changing code in the default flight model. That you cannot modify (otherwise no one would be flying the default aircraft anymore. There would be all kinds of mods).

The OP's best bet is to find and load Posky aircraft if they are still around as they include a .mdl of their own and they have landing gear like what he's looking for.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Landing gear animation is coded into the model and thus can not be changed if one does not have the source file.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

The undercarriages are totally different. The B747 has four 4-wheeled bogies - the B777 has two 6-wheeled bogies. what did the OP want to change -number of wheels, bogies or what?

what did the OP want to change -number of wheels, bogies or what?

He wants the undercarriage to tilt due to gravity, just like the real one does. The default FS9/FSX 744 obviously does not have that animation.

s

He wants the undercarriage to tilt due to gravity, just like the real one does. The default FS9/FSX 744 obviously does not have that animation.

How do you know - he didn't say that. He might have wanted more wheels/bogie

How do you know - he didn't say that. He might have wanted more wheels/bogie

Gerry, you're right. He did not clarify, although he had been asked before. I simply assumed something that makes most sense to probably all of us, but obviuosly without any proof. I really shouldn't post that late at night -_-