Sign in to follow this  
Michael Cependa

Anyone running FTX Global on P3DV2 without white boxes?

Is anyone running FTX Global on P3DV2 without the white boxes around the the FTX lights during daytime? Anyone not seeing the boxes with volumetric fog turned off? (The problem is not as obvious with fog turned on.)  You need to be over an urban area to see the boxes.

The threads on this problem at the FTX forums seem largely ignored and I am left wondering if this is a universal problem or something only a few people are experiencing.  

This is a bit of a show stopper for me as I have little interest in running P3D with default terrain textures. 

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8

Seems to be universal with FTXG installed. I know I can't tell you I don't have them...and I can see how this could be a show stopper. Hope they figure this one out soon. 

Cheers,

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I've got them.  I mostly try to tell myself that they're reflections from building facades, which would make sense if it was early morning or late afternoon and the buildings were all white stucco.  No, this isn't remotely convincing, but I try to do what I can...  B)   Seriously, it's a very irritating glitch and I also hope that between Orbx and LM, they can figure out how to fix it. 

I've got them.  I mostly try to tell myself that they're reflections from building facades, which would make sense if it was early morning or late afternoon and the buildings were all white stucco.  No, this isn't remotely convincing, but I try to do what I can...  B)   Seriously, it's a very irritating glitch and I also hope that between Orbx and LM, they can figure out how to fix it. 

Question do you have installed more orbx products?

André

I also hope they get the white boxes fixed.  I posted about it in the FTX forums and as well in the LM forums, but I get the feeling that LM won't do much about it since it's a 3rd party product having issues, and FTX won't do much about it since they feel it's a P3D issue.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Question do you have installed more orbx products?

Nope - not in P3D V2.  Nothing but FTX Global 1.1.  Right now I have very few add-ons installed - other than FTXG, a couple of airports and two payware planes.  And I run Opus, which may have some influence on the white boxes - they seem to be set off by the haze layer.  Though I've seen the boxes with native weather themes, too.  I just hope this doesn't fall in the cracks between Orbx and LM, and that they manage to get it fixed.  

Here's some additional detail about the white boxes - the most informative posts are toward the bottom of the page.  In spite of the thread title, there's no real workaround yet, since re-enabling volumetric fog reduces the white box problem at the cost of killing frame rates with any significant cloud cover.  At the risk of repeating - I hope LM or Orbx or somebody can come up with a solution for this.  

EDIT: Sorry, hadn't realized that the thread I linked to runs to three pages - had only read the first page.  There are some other suggestions in later posts, for example changing texture resolution, then changing it back.  But nothing seems to be a completely reliable solution.  The problem seems to be worst when FTX Global autogen is used with volumetric fog de-selected, but there are also people seeing the issue with default scenery.  It seems to be related to the interaction between the haze layer and certain lit autogen textures.  Seems like a fix is going to take a while, but maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised and something will come along faster than expected.  

I had them but once I deleted my shaders and turned volumeteic fog on they went away.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Anyone have a screenshot of this problem?
Not sure if I paid attention to them

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Arent they a mipmap/lod problem? It looks to me, that simply a mipmap-level with building textures is missing. If so, then its clearly FTX. Since its not happening with default textures. Volumetric fog will not solve it. Only an updated texture...

I have them too and enabling volumetric fog does work but it's no good solution because it really hurts performance. I am thinking about installing a few old Orbx regions (before they get updated with the same light system!!!) and disable the lights using the day-night switcher...

Those new FTX lights have been nothing but trouble (first with DX10 and now P3D 2.0). Orbx clearly has done a few things out of the SDK too many…? 

yep with volumetric fog enabled you will not have a problem.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Anyone have a screenshot of this problem?

Not sure if I paid attention to them

Plenty of screenshots of it in the thread linked to just a few posts above yours. Anyway, I have the problem and enabling volumetric fog has cured it. I just saw a post that FTX Global 1.2 has been released but unfortunately it only corrects one small problem and not the white boxes. Apparently Orbx and LM are having a little back and forth asking the other to fix the problem.