Sign in to follow this  
Island Jumper

CRUSTY OLD PILOT NEEDS HELP

I have always loved AVSIM for it's diversity is everything AI and isn't that artificial intelligence

basically tarmac aircraft!!!!   HELP  I had a stroke a little while back and it took me some time

to get back in!!! :unsure:  :blush:

Dear!

Enthusiasts are still here at avsim to get you started!

Please state your intentions, do you have problems with AI Aircraft? Go see World of AI (google this), follow directions.

Glad you're recovering!

Cheers,

Alex

I have always loved AVSIM for it's diversity is everything AI and isn't that artificial intelligence

basically tarmac aircraft!!!!   HELP  I had a stroke a little while back and it took me some time

to get back in!!! :unsure:  :blush:

Welcome back, I hope that your recovery is going well. Correct, aircraft you see on the tarmac are AI ( except the user aircraft which you have selected ). They are preprogramed with schedules to come and go so as to provide 'moving' scenery depicting traffic at some or most airports. As Alex has mentioned there are several methods for adding more realistic AI traffic for airline companies, general aviation, military, helicopter and even aircraft and vessels that operate on / from the water.

I hope I am answering the question that you were asking and I have been helpful. If not, please feel free to let us know of the information you need.

Best regards,

Mel

As far as my recovery everything is still fuzzy I have bone

cancer also so I'm waiting for the six handled box but I['m gonna

fly till I get there. No I just see all these a/c from the WOAI

and I wonder!!

Hi there, Island Jumper! Do you mind, telling your name - makes things more personal?

About your questions: it's indeed quite normal that you see airplanes at airports after you have installed WOAI. Those planes fly their legs as in real life and you can see them, hear their communication with ATC, you can follow them, you can compare them with pictures at i.e. airliners.net and you can even learn how to program them (it's not rocket science).

But - as i think you might have meant - you can not fly those planes, they're simple models, they're even more simple than default MS aircraft that have been shipped within FS2004/FS9.1.

Hope that helps for the moment, don't hesitate to inquire deeper into that materia!

Cheeers,

Alex

In a simple summary, in airport scenery there are designated parking spots for ai aircraft. They are comprised of size and can also have airline parking code parameters.

ai projects consist of an airport list, an aircraft list, and a schedule for each which includes references to the first two lists.

the aircraft list consists of references to model names in the FS9 aircraft folder. While you can use normal aircraft it is best to use models designed for ai that do not have panels, less detailed 3D objects, which reduces their polygon content and loads down your computer less when the aircraft is rendered for display. The aircraft is only rendered on certain distance radius from you current aircraft location again to keep you computer performance efficient.

when the three ai project lists are complete and cross checked they are compiled in a special traffic type file which can be placed typically in a generic scenery folder.

These ai fly and park according to their schedules.

What is nice about World of AI is that these special files and models have been put in packages for you typically by airline and dated season. The WOI installer will place the models and the traffic type schedule file appropriately in FS9 folders for you.

Here is where you'll find links to the WOI project packages. They can be sorted within each airline category type (passenger,freight, etc.) by clicking on the column header.

http://www.world-of-ai.com/

http://www.world-of-ai.com/packages.php

http://www.world-of-ai.com/allpackages.php

In addition in the libraries here you can find general aviation type ai files for non-scheduled ga aircraft. Some are made for ai that appear to do touch-and-goes at smaller airports. They may use the FS9 default ga aircraft.

From another old crusty pilot that had a stroke as well (in 1998 at age 60). In the 70's I flew GA single engine aircraft under a private and visual flight restricted commercial license. Ear problems with altitude pressure and vertigo put an end to that but besides flying regionally I did take two ga aircraft trips from the Minneapolis area to Connecticut near Bridgeport that were interesting adventures :)