Sign in to follow this  
nachezdc9

737NG FREIGHTER

I know we should not talk about posible projects or wishes because sometimes simmers we think more about what we would like more than in the comercial and beneficts factors, but I have seen in the boeing web that they are announcing the 737-700 cargo version, and they are studying this year the posiblities of freight conversion of the 737NG (700/800). In that case would pmdg study the posibility of expand the product in this area? Best regards.

I know we should not talk about posible projects or wishes because sometimes simmers we think more about what we would like more than in the comercial and beneficts factors, but I have seen in the boeing web that they are announcing the 737-700 cargo version, and they are studying this year the posiblities of freight conversion of the 737NG (700/800). In that case would pmdg study the posibility of expand the product in this area? Best regards.

Where exactly have you seen this on their site? It seems a bit odd that Boeing would be developing a modified 737NG variant considering that the MAX is not far off. Also, even if they were planning on it, PMDG would have a hard time developing a proper sim version without final performance data.

Brandon Filer

Also, even if they were planning on it, PMDG would have a hard time developing a proper sim version without final performance data.

Why? If the aerodynamics are the same and the engines are the same then the simulation is fundamentally the same. There would be some detail differences in the systems and of course the 3D model, but in terms of performance weight is weight, whether it's due to passengers and baggage or cargo.

A cargo NG isn't really a surprise, Boeing have made cargo and convertible versions of the 737 almost from the beginning.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Why? If the aerodynamics are the same and the engines are the same then the simulation is fundamentally the same. There would be some detail differences in the systems and of course the 3D model, but in terms of performance weight is weight, whether it's due to passengers and baggage or cargo.

A cargo NG isn't really a surprise, Boeing have made cargo and convertible versions of the 737 almost from the beginning.

That is true, but they still would be modifying the aircraft (removing seats, adding the cargo door(s), etc). I guess the only thing that would change is the empty weight then.

Brandon Filer

i use a PMDG 736 in Air Hauler National Air Carrier . I mod the empty fuel weight removing what I considered the weight of a passenger seat. Allowed for additional cargo capacity. of course there is no large side cargo door like the

Have been after an Alaskan -800 freighter paint for a while.

I did read an article a while back that Alaska are pushing for a -800 freighter (be it a new design or a conversion by the company that converts the -400's in Florida as a replacement for the current 400's.

Can dig the article out if interested.

Dan

Hello Poster(you did not sign your post), I have posted this some time ago, if you go to FSXLiveries.com which are free, you will get TNT, FedEx cargo liveries for the 737NGX 6,7,8 and9.  Just modify the load page in the FMC or just leave it as is.  Richard Welsh.

There is enough 737NG & A320 passenger service demand for both new and used airframes to get Freighter conversion programmes cancelled. That's what Airbus said for their A320F two years ago anyway.

Take a look at this.... May be sooner than we think...

http://cargofacts.net/m/blogpost?id=5184853%3ABlogPost%3A38798

AS doesn't want the CL sticking around any longer than they need to. The Combis and the Freighter are MX heavy in their "old" age.

The story changes day to day whether it'll be 800F or 700F or a mix. The FAA said no more Combis. I heard they weren't happy about the 9G wall certification and don't want any more.

Matt Cee

That's why they stopped the 747 combi after the SA accident was it not?

Hmmmm. That I don't know. I think our -400C and -400F were certified after the SA accident investigation.

Matt Cee